PDA

View Full Version : Gretna's Last Ever Game???

LoveUnited
13-05-2008, 20:39
Well if it is they sign off with a victory!!

1-0 against Hearts in injury time (Skelton)

Fairplay
13-05-2008, 22:52
Skelton was with them six years and played 250 games starting in the third division. Fitting that he scored their last SPL goal. Hope the term SPL isn't redundant in that sentence but I fear the worst.

Robson On The Bench
14-05-2008, 00:53
They scored 19 seconds into their first ever Scottish league match and in the last minute of their last ever Scottish league match; Skelton played in both.

Saturday, 3 August, 2002, 17:45 GMT 18:45 UK
Gretna 1-1 Morton

Newcomers Gretna took just 19 seconds to mark their entry into the Third Division as they held one of the promotion favourites, Morton.
Matthew Henney collected a poor goal-kick from Morton keeper Craig Coyle before firing low into the net to give them a dream start.
But the visitors responded and a couple of crosses caused goalkeeper David Mathieson trouble before wing-back Derek Collins' ball was bundled into the net by Warren Hawke.
The second half failed to reach the heights of the opening period, the game becoming littered with fouls, and neither team could string passes together. But the late introduction of Gretna player-boss Rowan Alexander sparked new life into the match, although the few chances created by both teams were spurned.

And to think this was all before even Brooks starting investing heavily.

Fairplay
14-05-2008, 10:07
Before he even owned them I think you'll find. A load of guff is spouted by the Gretna bashers.

FamousToepoke
16-05-2008, 21:23
They have until noon tomorrow (Saturday) I believe, then it's curtains.

X
17-05-2008, 10:33
Before he even owned them I think you'll find. A load of guff is spouted by the Gretna bashers.

No, not really. It was people's opinions.

Wullie
17-05-2008, 14:35
Assuming Gretna fold (hope they don't) surely if they fold before Thursday, that's them failing to see out the season, as final placings etc will not be decided until the last ball is kicked and the tables calculated?

I know they've done their bit by playing their fixtures, but they'd be disappearing before the season ends?