PDA

View Full Version : How many strikers do the huns need?

I am Spartacus
16-06-2008, 18:33
I know this sounds like an OF topic but it is more a case of how clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Hearts, etc. can compete against a club who swallows up so many strikers.

They are after Lafferty and just signed Velicka and Miller giving them:

Lafferty?
Velicka
Miller
Boyd
Novo
Darchville
Cousin
Naismith
Gow

That's just greedy!

proud-2-b-an-arab
16-06-2008, 18:37
Taking into account just last seasons strikers, Boyd, Novo, Darchville, Cousin, Naismith and Gow and they were complaining that they didn't have enough players, when they only played on up front in most games. ???

Wullie
16-06-2008, 18:41
They need to keep signing them because the ones they have aren't up to the job.

The stole the CIS cup and sneaked through and won the Scottish aftera few replays and their pitch being waterlogged when there was no rain.

The addition of Miller and Velicka won't be the difference between success and failure.

All the singing of Miller will ensure is more exciting anti-football from Wattie and co.

Dangeross
16-06-2008, 19:08
I'd laugh if they signed Noel Hunt. Imagine all those tricolors being waved at Ibrox by the hunnery - he'd have them singing The Soldier's Song in no time :)

Brown Knows
16-06-2008, 23:14
Beaseley and McCulloch could cover up top too, especially in their 3 man system. I think it spells the end for 2 strikers (not including Gow, he hardly counts) though. The obvious one being Cousin, he'd be gone by now if he had got his way, and rules hadn't stopped the move. After that though, you are looking at possibly Boyd going.

I am Spartacus
17-06-2008, 09:09
Taking into account just last seasons strikers, Boyd, Novo, Darchville, Cousin, Naismith and Gow and they were complaining that they didn't have enough players, when they only played on up front in most games. ???

Aye, when you put it that way they are really greedy or just stupid with money...

Beaseley and McCulloch could cover up top too, especially in their 3 man system. I think it spells the end for 2 strikers (not including Gow, he hardly counts) though. The obvious one being Cousin, he'd be gone by now if he had got his way, and rules hadn't stopped the move. After that though, you are looking at possibly Boyd going.

I think you're right about them getting shot of some strikers, but again most clubs would need to move on players to free up wages before they make a significant signing...

Oh well, even with all their striking options Aberdeen humped them on the last day of the season and United beat them too. Not to mention Hibs' and Motherwell competing with them of course.

Shedtastic
27-06-2008, 16:37
Dirty...........better keep their mits off Gomis!!