PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk Fail To Sell Out

DaveTheHibby
28-05-2009, 08:09
Falkirk have failed to sell out their allocation. They sold just 12,000 tickets, Rangers will now be given over 27,000. Falkirk look rather silly now after asking for 20,000 tickets:)

FamousToepoke
28-05-2009, 08:52
12,000 isn't a bad crowd for Falkirk. Who cares if they look silly (I don't really think they do) they were right, and within their rights, to try for as many tickets as they could get. They certainly would have looked silly if they'd accepted 12,000 tickets and then had 14 thousand applications. This way, everybody gets what they can cope with. I'd have thought there might have been a late surge for tickets from Falkirk's stay-away fans once they'd secured their SPL status. Maybe there was.

DaveTheHibby
28-05-2009, 08:59
12,000 isn't a bad crowd for Falkirk. Who cares if they look silly (I don't really think they do) they were right, and within their rights, to try for as many tickets as they could get. They certainly would have looked silly if they'd accepted 12,000 tickets and then had 14 thousand applications. This way, everybody gets what they can cope with. I'd have thought there might have been a late surge for tickets from Falkirk's stay-away fans once they'd secured their SPL status. Maybe there was.

I cant blame them for asking for the tickets and the were in their rights to do so but they must have honestly thought they could have sold 20,000. The board will be very disappointed that havent sold out. As for applications, i have a Falkirk supporting mate and you get two tickets per season ticket. This was to get more fans but it hasnt worked out that way.

FamousToepoke
28-05-2009, 09:08
Maybe that's the absolute max they could attract. Well, I hope there are 12000 happy Falkirk fans there when they stuff Rangers! Maybe then we'd find out what a Bairns Trust member choking on a large slice of Humble Pie actually sounds like!?

Cannibal
28-05-2009, 11:24
Better 12,000 proper fans than 15-20,000 close fans IMO

liviforever
28-05-2009, 12:17
Better 12,000 proper fans than 15-20,000 close fans IMO

They'll have about 5 or 6,000 "proper fans" ie. ones that go most weeks and the rest are cup final fans ie. family of the ones who go regularly or ones who are armchair fans. Livi had 4,000 fans at the time we got to the final of a cup and about 8,000 went to Hampden, Hibs had about 13,000 regular fans and about 38,000 at Hampden.

It's an occasion, so doesn't really matter whether you've been to a game in the past 20 years or not, only OF fans will miss out as they have over 50,000 fans that attend home games, so there isn't enough tickets for them all, thems the breaks for being a glory hunter though. :)

I just wonder how many would att a final if it were restricted to the ones who att all the cup games this season, from the first game either team played in this cup comp, doubt it would half fill Hampden. :)

Wullie
28-05-2009, 18:44
Sorry but and as much as this goes against the grain, I hope the filthy Huns of Mordor score about 8.

Rangers will win and the bigger the margin the more likely it is we'll get this cup runner up spot scrapped.

proud-2-b-an-arab
28-05-2009, 19:56
Rangers will win and the bigger the margin the more likely it is we'll get this cup runner up spot scrapped.

Not really, the SFA want to scrap the rule, however it's UEFA that insist on it, across all their member associations.

John_Arab
29-05-2009, 08:05
Every club should at least be given the chance to sell 50% of tickets for a cup final as it is supposed to be a neutral game, fair enough if they don't manage to sell and the other team has that tickets then get transferred as better to play in front of a full stadium, even if two thirds are full on the knuckle dragging one shoe minks..

RosythDee1985
29-05-2009, 09:58
I bet we still get more noise from the 12k Falkirk fans. You could fill a stadium with 100k Huns and you'd only here a small rumble after a goal..... Oh wait the now, there champions again so they might sing a few songs at the the begining the fecking snaggle toothed sh8t-heads!

legibroon
29-05-2009, 13:06
Falkirk have failed to sell out their allocation. They sold just 12,000 tickets, Rangers will now be given over 27,000. Falkirk look rather silly now after asking for 20,000 tickets:)

As of Thursday Falkirk had 500 of their 14740 allocation left. No online sales now and little info as regards current state of sales on their official site. As they hadnt sold all their initial 14740 allocation by last Thursday 3200 debenture tickets held in reserve were given to Rangers who as of Wed this week hadnt sold their full allocation either. I suspect that more tickets would have been sold if it wasnt Rangers they were playing as families with young kids in particular dont want them exposed to the Rangers support and their lovely "songs" Against Kilmarnock in 97 22 000 fans travelled however that was for the first final in 40 years ...as this is the second in 12 years ...the novelty may have worn off a bit also. C'mon Hughes >>Hibee by BIRTH Bairn by CHOICE:falkirkscarf:

FamousToepoke
29-05-2009, 13:53
Good news if those stats are correct, legibroon

You might be right that a Final featuring one of the OF could be seen as having less than a family atmosphere

Against Kilmarnock in 97 22 000 fans travelled however that was for the first final in 40 years ...as this is the second in 12 years ...the novelty may have worn off a bit also.

And that's a great take on things.
One does get a bit blase about Finals when they come along every dozen years or so!!

:)

I'm neither a Hibbee by birth nor a Bairn by choice but I do hope Falkirk beat Rangers!

DaveTheHibby
29-05-2009, 15:31
As of Thursday Falkirk had 500 of their 14740 allocation left. No online sales now and little info as regards current state of sales on their official site. As they hadnt sold all their initial 14740 allocation by last Thursday 3200 debenture tickets held in reserve were given to Rangers who as of Wed this week hadnt sold their full allocation either. I suspect that more tickets would have been sold if it wasnt Rangers they were playing as families with young kids in particular dont want them exposed to the Rangers support and their lovely "songs" Against Kilmarnock in 97 22 000 fans travelled however that was for the first final in 40 years ...as this is the second in 12 years ...the novelty may have worn off a bit also. C'mon Hughes >>Hibee by BIRTH Bairn by CHOICE:falkirkscarf:

Welcome to the boards.

Fairplay
02-06-2009, 23:24
Not really, the SFA want to scrap the rule, however it's UEFA that insist on it, across all their member associations.

That's right.

It is specifically the member associations (not the SFA obviously but the majority) who want it kept. thew UEFA Executive backed the SFAs plan and were as surprised as anybody when the associations voted it down.

The cup runners-up spot is the only way some smaller clubs will ever get into Europe. Everybody agrees on that. But the SFA think that makes it a bad thing as they want their stronger teams in Europe not their weaker ones. Evidently most UEFA member countries disagree and think it's good that lower division minnows can qualify occasionally.

liviforever
04-06-2009, 09:01

Perhaps also they'd have had more armchair Bairns going if it was a team outside the OF as they'd have thought their chances of winning would've been greater. You played well though, took a wonder/freak goal to win the game.