PDA

View Full Version : Ross County v ICT

caithnesshibee1875
08-11-2009, 10:57
Went down to this game yesterday and was impressed by the quality that County had. Good passing team in what was a very good game. ICT though looked very poor and I wouldnt expect them to be much off a challenge for promotion. County on the other hand could be in the mix.

Added to the fact it was a very good game (easily better than the borefest derby i watched before) the pies and the beer we had before were excellent. :D

liviforever
08-11-2009, 15:40
County are lucky we're papped into the 3rd or they'd be 10 or 12 points less in their title challenge at the end of the season, never beaten Livi and never will. :D

Charmer
08-11-2009, 23:12
Where the **** are you that you had to travel down to that game?

ArabMatt
09-11-2009, 00:28
im gonna hazard a guess that hes in caithness?

Charmer
09-11-2009, 00:30
Oh.

I thought he was the other one.

ArabMatt
09-11-2009, 00:31
racist!

DundeeEastEnd1877
09-11-2009, 01:15
im gonna hazard a guess that hes in caithness?:)

caithnesshibee1875
09-11-2009, 17:30
Yeah im right at the very top. 8 miles from John O Groats and 118 from Inverness. You could say I live in the middle off nowhere.:)

DundeeEastEnd1877
09-11-2009, 17:44
ICT floundering in the 1st Division will embarrass quite a few posters on here, who tipped them for the title this year. Sounds like Ross County upped their game against their rivals, as they weren't much to look at when they played us at Dens, although they had players injured. Wonder how long Butcher will retain an interest in managing ICT, not much glory in the fizzy pop.

caithnesshibee1875
09-11-2009, 17:54
ICT floundering in the 1st Division will embarrass quite a few posters on here, who tipped them for the title this year. Sounds like Ross County upped their game against their rivals, as they weren't much to look at when they played us at Dens, although they had players injured. Wonder how long Butcher will retain an interest in managing ICT, not much glory in the fizzy pop.

ICT were awfull. Personally I cant see how Butcher can keep his job for much longer. Granted its the only time I have seen them, but they looked slow, static and cumbersome.

You would think they would be doing better than they are with quite a lot off SPL experience.

County looked very good. They play the ball on the deck, and have a fairly young squad. I was very impressed with the lad Gardyne he looked like he can play at a higher level.

liviforever
10-11-2009, 02:54
ICT were awfull. Personally I cant see how Butcher can keep his job for much longer. Granted its the only time I have seen them, but they looked slow, static and cumbersome.

You would think they would be doing better than they are with quite a lot off SPL experience.

County looked very good. They play the ball on the deck, and have a fairly young squad. I was very impressed with the lad Gardyne he looked like he can play at a higher level.

Interesting observations you've made CH, first one being
they looked slow, static and cumbersome.

you'll find most teams that are relegated are exactly that which you described, the lower leagues are quite fast paced with heftier tackles flying in the lower you go.

Secondly

That goes for nothing in the 1st Div as the top 5 1st Div teams are prob better than the bottom 2 or 3 of the SPL, when Livi were relegated we knew how bad we were and also knew we'd have struggled in the 1st with the team we had in the SPL, fortunately we got rid of the dead wood on high wages. It takes a couple of seasons to get used to the lower leagues, financialy you really struggle with a team that has high earners on contracts from the SPL who lets face it aren't that good or they wouldn't have been relegated. Then the 2nd season it hits you even harder as the parachute payment from the SPL saved you somewhat the 1st season but now you've to face up to the piss poor sponsorship money from the SFL, fans that have drifted away and no TV money of worth.

All the while you're going through the transition of changing your team to adapt to both, you're financial situation and players that can compete in this league.

You can off course risk everything on strengthening your team and getting straight back up, but if you fail then you're in deep sh1t.

DundeeEastEnd1877
10-11-2009, 11:42
It's amazing to think that the SFL clubs, without the huge financial support the Old Firm give to the clubs in the SPL, have been able to compete in one-off cup games over the years. I can think of at least a dozen 'shocks' from SFL clubs beating SPL clubs. Who can forget Celtic losing to Clyde and Rangers losing to St Johnstone.

proud-2-b-an-arab
11-11-2009, 23:16
Yeah im right at the very top. 8 miles from John O Groats and 118 from Inverness. You could say I live in the middle off nowhere.:)

Should that not be on the edge of nowhere? ???

:)

caithnesshibee1875
13-11-2009, 16:15
Should that not be on the edge of nowhere? ???

:)

Aye true enough, I nearly fall in the sea when i go out the front door. :)