PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gordon

Niall
21-05-2007, 14:53
So, whats the crack here.

I personally think a move to Man Utd is just what this guy needs. He's being stifled at a club like Hearts as long as the regime is as rotten as it appears to be.

CraigD
22-05-2007, 10:36
Latest talk is Gordon to Spurs for 8 million.

And for the record, he doesnt feel like he's being stifled. He wants a 1 year extension to his contract and then go south next summer.

Either of the above options is fine with me. You never want to lose a world class goalkeeper but can Hearts afford to turn down that sort of money and then see him get injured? hard choice to make imo

DundeeHibs1909
22-05-2007, 19:14
Have a sneaky feeling Vlad the Impaler will not find it a hard choice. 8+m in the bank and a Lithuanian replacement for nowt makes perfect business sense.

I, like so many others, was quick to denounce Vlad as a muppet, but if he allows Gordon to leave he'll have raked in almost 10m in transfer fees in his short but very turbulent tenure, and still has his team finishing fourth in the league. Not bad eh?

jmo1506
22-05-2007, 20:47
i'm guessing that vlad's fav film is pretty woman.

remember richard gere's character....bought ailing companies, broke them up and sold off the best bits at significant profit...then dumped the rest leaving the remants to crash and burn. sounding familiar??

now that i think about it i'm guessing that craig burley models himself on julia roberts' character in that film......................

;)

CraigD
23-05-2007, 07:30
Ah we're back to the asset stripping now.

Why is it when Scott Brown gets sold to Sellick its a brilliant piece of business but if Craig Gordon gets sold for double the price, its the machinations of an evil asset stripping dictator? Have a word with yourselves.

And by the way, Vlad has already invested more money in to Hearts than he could hope to re coup by a fire sale, even with Tynecastle sold. So your Pretty Woman thing doesnt hold water. Unless of course he studied Economics at the University of Dundee, in which case, it makes perfect sense...

jmo1506
23-05-2007, 08:37
i've had a word with both of me, and it's a tie. one of me thinks vlad is a disingenuous asset stripping dictator, and the other one of me thinks he is a disingenuous asset stripping dictator.

there's just no pleasing some people.......................

Niall
23-05-2007, 11:05
Great piece of business nothing. If Vlad eventually sells Gordon for 8mil, then it will ONLY JUST cover the losses in letting Pressley, Hartley, Webster and co go for NOTHING!

CraigD
24-05-2007, 07:35
Take it you didnt here about the 1.2 million for 30 year old Hartley then?

Webster invoked a FIFA clause. Not much that could be done, but Hearts will still make 625k.

Pressley? How much were we gonna get for a 33 year old.

I dont agree with they way they were treated or the fact that they have left the club (except Webster, pr1ck) but to say we didnt get value is idiocy.

Niall
04-06-2007, 23:13
Take it you didnt here about the 1.2 million for 30 year old Hartley then?

Webster invoked a FIFA clause. Not much that could be done, but Hearts will still make 625k.

Pressley? How much were we gonna get for a 33 year old.

I dont agree with they way they were treated or the fact that they have left the club (except Webster, pr1ck) but to say we didnt get value is idiocy.

Well I guess that makes me an idiot! ;D

1.2mil for current international Hartley when they shelled out 5.5mil for fringe U21 Scott Brown means Hearts did get stiffed. Sorry to say it, but it's the truth. Considering they lost their three best outfield players during a period where they were playing for the title - only having 1.2mil plus some delayed compensation to show for it doesn't cut the mustard.

CraigD
08-06-2007, 08:54
Ask any Celtic fan who got the better of the deal.

Before Vlad came here, Hartley was on his way to Sellick for 300k if I remember rightly. Vlad blocked it and we ended up getting 1.2M, plus the best years of his footballing life. Webster refused to go on a tour to Ireland coz he was trying to engineer a move to Rangers, who had placed a bid of 400k. Again this blocked caused we didnt need to sell. Minimum of 625K. Pressley had very little market value. One more injury for SP and that could be him.

We were out of the title race long before all that crap went down anyway. Even our star Scottish players were playing like gimps, Hartley especially.

You'd have to ask Celtic why they deceided to spend 4.4 million on Scott Brown, when they could have got him for half of that

Niall
08-06-2007, 10:22
Ask any Celtic fan who got the better of the deal

Well, you have a point there, Hartley has been utter gash since he moved. For Scotland, too.

Billy
26-06-2007, 00:27
Sunderland apparently have offered 3 million for Gordon. In the Scottish climate, I personally think that's a good deal for the Jambo's. Never in a million years will they get 8-10 million for him.