PDA

View Full Version : Gretna face double relegation

Mark
04-03-2008, 09:53
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/04/sfngre104.xml

proud2beanarab
04-03-2008, 11:12
"No one ever envisaged a scenario when a team coming down from the SPL wouldn't meet our criteria."

:shock:

Says it all really, they aren't even fit for purpose in the lower leagues :roll:

.....was reading another article yesterday that suggests that Mileson's company which essentially underwrites Gretna and keeps them solvent is itself in trouble....if they go into admin they won't come back from it I don't think

dufc5
04-03-2008, 11:13
So explain this to me how did their ground meet criteria for the first division last year?

Gretna are being bullied.

proud2beanarab
04-03-2008, 11:19
So explain this to me how did their ground meet criteria for the first division last year?

Gretna are being bullied.

No they aren't....read the article....

they were given special dispensation after their promotion to Division One in 2006 on the condition that they would upgrade their ground. They have chosen to make no improvements whatsoever so have gone back on their word.

Perhaps a little ironic given the teams in Division One who moaned about ground upgrades being forced on them, but not bullying

dufc5
04-03-2008, 11:24
No they aren't....read the article....

they were given special dispensation after their promotion to Division One in 2006 on the condition that they would upgrade their ground. They have chosen to make no improvements whatsoever so have gone back on their word.

Perhaps a little ironic given the teams in Division One who moaned about ground upgrades being forced on them, but not bullying

:stupid:

It's pretty obvious they can't afford to improve it. It will only be a matter of time before they head into administration. In recent seasons they bought well in the transfer window but it seems they can only be able to buy youth as their wage demand's won't be as high as the experienced players. They won't be missed.

proud2beanarab
04-03-2008, 11:30
:stupid:

It's pretty obvious they can't afford to improve it. It will only be a matter of time before they head into administration. In recent seasons they bought well in the transfer window but it seems they can only be able to buy youth as their wage demand's won't be as high as the experienced players. They won't be missed.

Aye, I can't see any other option for them I'm afraid.....and as I say looking at the money behind the club, things aren't good there either so if they do go into admin I think they will be shut down permanently....

Dopey One
08-03-2008, 07:58
Only time will tell here, but I feel another Robert Maxwell scenario here. Could be wrong, but I doubt it! :bananawave:

X
09-03-2008, 01:25
Gretna relegated twice? good! might stop all the 'fairytale' nonsense.