04-04-2008, 11:36
Interesting :thinking:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gretna/7330446.stm

dufc5
04-04-2008, 11:39
Yes very

Mark
04-04-2008, 11:39
Someone just get a fecking gun and put them out of their misery!!

dufc5
04-04-2008, 11:41
Someone just get a fecking gun and put them out of their misery!!

Then third place will be ours 8)

Mark
04-04-2008, 11:56
Then third place will be ours 8)

Honest answer? I don't mind.

Utd having a couple of games in Europe will be good for the city.

Mark
04-04-2008, 11:58
Rumour has it all their players have been sacked :shock: :thinking:

Rabba Shanks
04-04-2008, 12:07
I think they should go into administration. Regardless of how this affects other teams, they are turning (if they haven't done so already) the SPL into a complete joke.

I don't want them to fold, but this is getting beyond the joke.

If all their players have been sacked then I think the end is here for them....

Mark
04-04-2008, 12:08
They're already in administration ;)

LoveUnited
04-04-2008, 12:09

Well that's one way of getting tomorrow's game postponed :thinking:

dufc5
04-04-2008, 12:11

I feel sorry for those players if true. Hope they get something sorted.

Mark
04-04-2008, 12:14
Senior players are normally able to find another club.

It's the development teams and backroom staff I feel sorry for. For example, how much demand is there for a football groundsman in Gretna? ???

proud2beanarab
04-04-2008, 12:43
Senior players are normally able to find another club.

It's the development teams and backroom staff I feel sorry for. For example, how much demand is there for a football groundsman in Gretna? ???

Agreed - its teh youth players and backroom teams that will struggle as you say.

However, IF they are going bust, then it shouldn't be prolonged to protect the self interest of the SPL....these people should be given maximum time to find new jobs IF gretna are going anyway.

Regarding points being cancelled out, it will be a minefield. Quite honestly, even though United would benefit, there is a strong case now for all points remaining as they have now played all the (potential) top 6 teams I think so it won't effect the race for top 6, Europe or the title.

On the other hand if they can't fulfil all fixtures there is also justification for removing all games involving them

:headbang:

Gripper
04-04-2008, 12:50
I think they should go into administration. Regardless of how this affects other teams, they are turning (if they haven't done so already) the SPL into a complete joke.

I don't want them to fold, but this is getting beyond the joke.

If all their players have been sacked then I think the end is here for them....

They're already in administration ;)

:) :) :)

Crippen
04-04-2008, 13:01
Why don't we get a team of Easties together and head to Fir Park tomorrow? We might just get a game!

Robson On The Bench
04-04-2008, 13:20
It's the SPL that are an embarrassment in all of this. Absolutely pathetic. In any other league in the world their authorities would have the balls to make a decision but the SPL are just desperate to prolong this joke of a club so they don't have to!

The amount of rules they have overrun in this sets a very dangerous precedent. Nah actually, they'll just change them again.

proud-2-b-an-arab
04-04-2008, 18:13
From BBC website:

SPL insists Gretna must play game

Gretna's league match against Inverness on Saturday will go ahead as planned, the Scottish Premier League has said.

John_Arab
04-04-2008, 19:03
1 game before the split, think it will be awarded 3-0 to ICT and the SPL won't cancel the rest of Gretna's results. Even being a United fan think this is the fairest way TBH...

LoveUnited
04-04-2008, 19:04
They also have to play St Mirren on Wednesday before the split.

arabest
04-04-2008, 19:32
Have they come out and said why they want a postponement yet?

LoveUnited
04-04-2008, 19:58
All quiet at the moment

Is Venison Dear?
04-04-2008, 20:01
Something's going on tonight. I've had a couple of SPL emails that indicate last-legs.

(Greg Mailer still sends me the press releases but you cannot CandP).

100%barcabeaters
04-04-2008, 20:04
I gather they tried to have tomorrow's match postponed. :headbang: :headbang:

Is Venison Dear?
04-04-2008, 20:06
I gather they tried to have tomorrow's match postponed. :headbang: :headbang:

I gather they're pretty much f@cked and the Administrators have paid themselves in advance, leaving FA. Motherwell are giving them Fir Park free from now (wonder why?).

???

arabest
04-04-2008, 20:09
I expect they're all in their beds early like good laddies on the night before a match.

proud-2-b-an-arab
04-04-2008, 20:17
It's being discussed here: http://www.eastfootball.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9953.0

They tried to get tomorrow's game cancelled, but have been told it has to be played.

proud-2-b-an-arab
04-04-2008, 20:18
Something's going on tonight. I've had a couple of SPL emails that indicate last-legs.

(Greg Mailer still sends me the press releases but you cannot CandP).

Get typing then. :) :) :)

muzzyboy
04-04-2008, 20:26
Get typing then. :) :) :)

My thoughts exactly!! Get those fingers moving!!

Is Venison Dear?
04-04-2008, 20:29
All it really says is that the club are expected to fulfill the fixture or be found in 'recessive' position.

Dunno what that means at all.

LoveUnited
04-04-2008, 20:31
I think they will play the 2 games required before the split with the spl's help and then it's goodnight Gretna :thinking:

100%barcabeaters
04-04-2008, 20:47

Oh, I wouldn't worry about him, Mark........

Given the state of Fir Park, I'm sure he'd be a shoe in for a job at the local pig farm ;D

kiwiarab
05-04-2008, 08:43
I think they will play the 2 games required before the split with the spl's help and then it's goodnight Gretna&#160; :thinking:

But if the administrator has pulled the plug then there is no Gretna FC for the SPL to help. If the speculation is correct, that all the playing staff have been released then there is no way the two remaining pre-split fixtures can be completed. The administrator is under no obligation to the SPL to ensure Gretna survive long enough to fulfill their fixtures. They have one role only - to minimise the losses to creditors. It is becoming increasingly apparrent that Gretna FC as a going concern cannot reduce their debts so the winding up of the club seems inevitable. The SPL cannot in all justification be seen to financialy aid Gretna directly, it would make no business sense to throw money at an organisation that in all probability will cease to exist in a matter of days.

proud-2-b-an-arab
05-04-2008, 09:48
But if the administrator has pulled the plug then there is no Gretna FC for the SPL to help. If the speculation is correct, that all the playing staff have been released then there is no way the two remaining pre-split fixtures can be completed. The administrator is under no obligation to the SPL to ensure Gretna survive long enough to fulfill their fixtures. They have one role only - to minimise the losses to creditors. It is becoming increasingly apparrent that Gretna FC as a going concern cannot reduce their debts so the winding up of the club seems inevitable. The SPL cannot in all justification be seen to financialy aid Gretna directly, it would make no business sense to throw money at an organisation that in all probability will cease to exist in a matter of days.

This is the SPL we're talking about remember, when did common sense ever come into it???

kiwiarab
05-04-2008, 10:16
This is the SPL we're talking about remember, when did common sense ever come into it???

Valid point there...need to switch off rationality when talking about the SPL! Still the question remains, how do Gretna put out a team if they have no registered players?

EAZZY
05-04-2008, 22:35
:)having spent 15 years in London, you can see why Scottish football is looked at as a joke down south :help:
who is the SPL working for?????
Rangers??Celtic???in fact no-one :soapbox: