Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread: Andy Murray

Shows how poor British tennis is with the number 1 being beaten by the world number 832.
    "The soul of a club is the product of its history and the history of a club is a product of those who toil in its cause with their hearts on their sleeve as well as the badge on their chest, who play with an awareness of where they are and in whose footsteps they tread."

Yes. It as if it's regressed back to the time when the likes of Andrew Castle was the British No 1. When I see him on TV and the byline reads "former British No 1" I always think, "how many British tennis players were there back then? One?"

I'm no' fond of Andrew Castle.

Inordinately pleased that Murray won this one.

Still crazy after all these years...

Quote Originally Posted by FamousToepoke View Post
    Yes. It as if it's regressed back to the time when the likes of Andrew Castle was the British No 1. When I see him on TV and the byline reads "former British No 1" I always think, "how many British tennis players were there back then? One?"

I'm no' fond of Andrew Castle.

Inordinately pleased that Murray won this one.
    Don't blame you, he's a Tory!!
    For as long as but hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English rule.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom, for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

I'd like to keep politics out of this and continue to dislike him on the basis of his personality alone. Thank you.

Still crazy after all these years...

Good luck to Andy ,saw his break down yesterday ,nothing wrong with having a greet after what he’s been through .My young lad has been through the same op , really hope he comes back strong and gets back up to the top of the rankings .
    It's a shiite state of affairs

Andy has withdrawn from tonight's match and Toronto next week. Sensible decision and looking at long term. No need to rush, play too much too soon and risk getting injured again. This week has been positive and a step in the right direction. Will be back in Cincy in a couple of weeks.

Straight into and out of Cincinnati. I suppose he'll now need to cram another tournament in before the USO.
    A fool for turning up every week, and proud of it.

Watched him tonight...get the feeling he's finished at the highest level...still got all the skills but was painful watching him struggle to get around the court

It's going to take time. He just needs to get matches. Badly struggling with his rhythm yesterday especially on his serve but that will improve with more matches he plays. I'm still optimistic that he will be back competing with the best again.

He should play matches to build for Wimbledon 2019. Theres There's no rush
    We are the boys in tangerine.