Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Views of the wacky accys

Quote Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
    Aye that one got me as well, especially considering Killie are one of the better teams in the league when theyve got every one fit, as was shown when they took us apart earlier in the season.
    which time?

I don't have Setanta - what are these Accies comments about Barry Robson describing CL's comments as "comical" all about?

Was he (Robson) taken out of context? If he has made an anti-Levein comment, I'd be very disappointed in him.

Charmer

It would be loltastic to relegate them.

Quote Originally Posted by White Cafu View Post
    I don't have Setanta - what are these Accies comments about Barry Robson describing CL's comments as "comical" all about?

Was he (Robson) taken out of context? If he has made an anti-Levein comment, I'd be very disappointed in him.
    Robson wasn't really referring to Levein's comments about the timewasting etc, more about the way he said it. He was highly emotional, his voice was kind of high and cracking a bit and he made some strange comment about the ref warning their keeper 12 times but doing nothing and compared it to the police just warning burglars 12 times instead of arresting them and how the burglars would love it. ie: the ref never followed through his threats....

Have to say I laughed myself and my mate text me and said Levein's interview was comedy genius.

I know exactly what Barry meant and it wasn't malicious or anti-United/Levein in any way.

He actually came across as quite a good studio guest which surprised me.
    <br />Dundee United FC.........Back in Europe for a third season running........our 26th campaign overall

Quote Originally Posted by proud2beanarab View Post
    Robson wasn't really referring to Levein's comments about the timewasting etc, more about the way he said it. He was highly emotional, his voice was kind of high and cracking a bit and he made some strange comment about the ref warning their keeper 12 times but doing nothing and compared it to the police just warning burglars 12 times instead of arresting them and how the burglars would love it. ie: the ref never followed through his threats....

Have to say I laughed myself and my mate text me and said Levein's interview was comedy genius.

I know exactly what Barry meant and it wasn't malicious or anti-United/Levein in any way.

He actually came across as quite a good studio guest which surprised me.
    Thanks for that clarification. It sounds as if Barry was laughing with CL rather than at him, which was the clear implication by the Accies fans.

Whilst the comments on those linked threads are pathetic, the reaction of some on here is just as pathetic. Just like last year, when you struggle against the "worst" team in the league you start going on about how they bring nothing to the league, how it would be better if they weren't here, and going on about anti-football. They got a point at a place that is hard to go by the means necessary. The referee gets blamed, opposition tactics get blamed, but not the team itself. It is the hallmarks of OF fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Foster3 View Post
    Whilst the comments on those linked threads are pathetic, the reaction of some on here is just as pathetic. Just like last year, when you struggle against the "worst" team in the league you start going on about how they bring nothing to the league, how it would be better if they weren't here, and going on about anti-football. They got a point at a place that is hard to go by the means necessary. The referee gets blamed, opposition tactics get blamed, but not the team itself. It is the hallmarks of OF fans...
    if you have actually read elsewhere, not one person on here has not admitted that we were awful yesterday and was prob one of the worst perfromances of the season, the ref and linesman just added to our woe

Sky Sports Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Foster3 View Post
    Football Fans in 'Having a Moan' Shock.

Yawn.

Yeah, I have read the others. I didn't word it well, it is just the other two were laboured on a lot more. Threads purely about the referee, about the opposition being rubbish and generally containing the exact same stuff as this thread was started slagging off.

As always though, you'll get that on club sites, it just breeds bias. That Hamilton one is just plain biased, just like this forum can be because of the pure volume of United fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    Football Fans in 'Having a Moan' Shock.

Yawn.
    No, football fans having a moan about other football fans having a moan, when all they have done is moan for the last day about the same game.

Yawn indeed.