Page 4 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Sevco 5088 financial meltdown thread

why are these ***** getting to drag this out...we didna pay oor tax got a final demand then went into admin so why are HMRC not doing the same to the huns.

Hates Indian Indians Zebedees Zebra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    why are these ***** getting to drag this out...we didna pay oor tax got a final demand then went into admin so why are HMRC not doing the same to the huns.
    Because Rangers have an income.

If the big tax bill comes to the speculated £50m though then i don't think HMRC will hang about.
    I'll be allowed to set my own signature when I learn not to abuse the facility.

I'm laughing at the media making such a big thing of Rangers being "10 points ahead" (additionaly, irrespective of Motherwell being 2nd - they just don't count) - because when Rangers go into Admin - it's going to be ironic to see them lose 10 points... maybe.

Surley if whats being printed in the press, the huns do paps up and reappear as a new company/club, is true.

Will that not mean they should start at the lowest division again?

Quote Originally Posted by scotay View Post
    Surley if whats being printed in the press, the huns do paps up and reappear as a new company/club, is true.

Will that not mean they should start at the lowest division again?
    Depends can anyone remember what happened to Clydebank/Airdrie Utd?
    Big Support - Team don't turn up

Quote Originally Posted by arabstu View Post
    Depends can anyone remember what happened to Clydebank/Airdrie Utd?
    Airdrieonians went bust and when Airdrie Utd were unsuccessful in their application to join the SFL (a place taken, ironically, by Gretna) they bought Clydebank. The rules have since been changed to make "franchising" practically impossible.

If Rangers go out of business, then their results should be expunged and the SPL continues with 11 teams for the rest of the season. Then, in the close season, any new team should have to apply for admission to the 3rd Division, and be judged alongside the likes of Spartans and Gala Fairydean who would also inevitably apply.

In practice, however, you can't help but think "Rangers 2011" would just be allowed to pick up where the old team left off...
    "The soul of a club is the product of its history and the history of a club is a product of those who toil in its cause with their hearts on their sleeve as well as the badge on their chest, who play with an awareness of where they are and in whose footsteps they tread."

As i though Mark.

I would assume the rules would be changed to suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by scotay View Post
    I would assume the rules would be changed to suit them.
    For the rules to change, a 10-1 vote would be required from the remaining SPL teams.

And really, I could see it happening. Rangers, with a sold-out away end at least once a season, or (e.g.) Ross County with two men and a dug at least once a season?

Hmm...
    "The soul of a club is the product of its history and the history of a club is a product of those who toil in its cause with their hearts on their sleeve as well as the badge on their chest, who play with an awareness of where they are and in whose footsteps they tread."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    For the rules to change, a 10-1 vote would be required from the remaining SPL teams.

And really, I could see it happening. Rangers, with a sold-out away end at least once a season, or (e.g.) Ross County with two men and a dug at least once a season?

Hmm...
    think of the fan reaction though.

i know if ST voted in favour of it i'd show my displeasure somehow. i imagine others wouldn't be too happy either. it would be PR suicide.

There's no doubt they'll be punished in football if the case if found against them & it forces admin but I think they'll survive whatever. There's little parallel here with Dundee last year. The numbers are vast in terms of what's potentially due to HMRC, but Rangers own significant real estate, have playing assets of real worth, have a huge support.

HMRC are not dawdling, in Dundee's case remittances hadn't been paid & were sought but here they're awaiting confirmation that rules have been broken, then they'll act like sh!t aff a shovel...they've done that with some large clubs down south & Rangers being an 'institution' will count for little (a touch ironic that such 'pillars of the Union' will be quintessentially pursued by the UK Govt/Establishment don't you think?). Still Nithsdale Loyal's legal advisors will help I'm sure.

I've read the guy's online blog on the case & the author seems very well informed (the press cite his blog now) & though I don't understand the rules, mechanisms & nuances of the case, it's hard to escape the conclusion that this is all coming down on Rangers in some way & perhaps soon.
    Tha mo bhŗta-foluaimein loma-lŗn easgannan