Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale Transfer Saga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Gareth Bale Transfer Saga

New world record transfer possibly happening this window deserves it's own thread.

Gareth Bale in battle to force through £86m move to Real Madrid

Gareth Bale has been left distraught by the refusal of Daniel Levy, the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, to consider a world record €100m – £86.3m – offer from Real Madrid.
    Real have made their move for their long-time target and Bale is determined to complete the transfer. He wants to play Champions League football, which Tottenham cannot offer after they finished fifth in the Premier League last season, but the allure of Real runs some way deeper.

Bale recognises Real as one of the world's leading clubs, capable of competing for the grandest prizes. In the event of leaving Tottenham, whom he joined from Southampton in 2007, he has always dreamed of playing for the Bernabéu club.

Bale is horrified by Levy's intransigence. The chairman has a reputation as a tough negotiator but to Bale, the offer from Real is one that should be impossible to refuse. The world record transfer is Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m move to Real from Manchester United in 2009.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...tenham-hotspur

Incredible if they refuse it IMO.

Is he that good? Stoppable IMO, he's no in the same league as Ronaldo or Iniesta

Eastie For Life Pre-mod Kit Kat's Avatar

Can't believe they'd turn that down. He's a brilliant player, no doubt, but vastly overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Kat View Post
    Can't believe they'd turn that down. He's a brilliant player, no doubt, but vastly overrated

Imagine if he was English, oyf.

Eastie International

I was at the West Ham vs Spurs game last year when he scored that goal in the last minute. He is brilliant. He's everywhere.

He's a total ponce, but he is extraordinarily good. He's got everything and would add to any team on the planet. As much as I wish it wasn't the case.
    "If you think what you've done is the best you can do, you can't have very much to aspire to."

Quote Originally Posted by Kolinho View Post
    He's a total ponce, but he is extraordinarily good. He's got everything and would add to any team on the planet. As much as I wish it wasn't the case.

Yep, needs a move to a top club now though as he's carrying Spurs, would be even better in a team full of class players. Him and Ronaldo playing in the same team would be frightening with their directness and pace.

I wish I had a picture of a tumbleweed.