Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale Transfer Saga

Clever

Quote Originally Posted by theshed View Post
    My standard grade French teacher was a legend.

Taught us barely anything though, but she was sound as. We used to just sit and watch French films most of the time. When she tried to get us to work, it took 15 minutes to get the class to sit in their own seats quietly.

One time, I was half an hour late for French (had a valid reason, lost a pen-drive and needed the key to a room, janny was having a cup of tea and offered me ane, Colin was a legend ) walked in and sat down. She never even noticed I'd came in, apparently she registered me even though nobody said I was in or not.

I was still pretty good at French too. Finished with a 2, but it should have been a 1. Teacher said my written essay was a definite 1, but in the final results I got a 2, even though it's the teacher that sends the mark to the SQA, or so she said.

And Bale can barely speak English never mind Welsh, Spanish, French or Eggy.
    tl;dr
    "The soul of a club is the product of its history and the history of a club is a product of those who toil in its cause with their hearts on their sleeve as well as the badge on their chest, who play with an awareness of where they are and in whose footsteps they tread."

So theshed got groomed, and who knows what more, by the creepy jannie? Explains a lot tbf.

My modern studies teacher was a chain smoking drinker too Wull. What subject does 2010 teach again?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010wedoneitagain
    Didn't even seem to bother when I whispered in his ear that I loved him

My modern studies teacher was a lanky ***** who had a chin like Peter Griffin

Mine looked like Egon Spengler

Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    So theshed got groomed, and who knows what more, by the creepy jannie? Explains a lot tbf.

My modern studies teacher was a chain smoking drinker too Wull. What subject does 2010 teach again?
    I don't chain smoke

Hates Indian Indians Zebedees Zebra's Avatar

86m is mental. Ronaldo's wage demands are worse though. Apparently he's asked Madrid for 600k a week to stay.

Football is finished with sums like that.
    I'll be allowed to set my own signature when I learn not to abuse the facility.

If football went **** up, so would at least a third of the worlds economy and government.

How much taxes do footballers pay? Considering most of them are above the 40,000 a year cutoff (or whatever it is now) - wage of roughly 769 a week.

If the Premiership (English) shut up shop tomorrow, we'd be up **** creek. Instantly players like Rooney and Aguero would stop paying massive amounts of tax, and we'd instantly have a massive drop in the countries income.

****, even Richie Ryan and Brian Mclean were probably past the 40000 threshold.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010wedoneitagain View Post
    Gazza would be a big one for me.

Default Re: Gareth Bale Transfer Saga

They're all on the dodge, probably have an income of 20p from a company that owns their home/office hst persistently declares a 0 pound profit.

Even ifnthey aren't a handfull of overpaid footballers taxes leaving is not going to bring the country down. Mismanagement in retail and merchant banking on the other hand...

••• • -• - / -••• -•-- / • •-•• • -•-• - •-• •• -•-• / - • •-•• • --• •-• •- •--• ••••
    Cake is Critical.

Quote Originally Posted by theshed View Post
    If football went **** up, so would at least a third of the worlds economy and government.

How much taxes do footballers pay? Considering most of them are above the 40,000 a year cutoff (or whatever it is now) - wage of roughly 769 a week.

If the Premiership (English) shut up shop tomorrow, we'd be up **** creek. Instantly players like Rooney and Aguero would stop paying massive amounts of tax, and we'd instantly have a massive drop in the countries income.

****, even Richie Ryan and Brian Mclean were probably past the 40000 threshold.
    Wow! Just wow!

Quite probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Ever.
    Everything you do is better
    Everything you say is right
    Anything I do, just won't do
    Still you find a way to justify
    Negative criticism