Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Thread: Weekend games

Ok, so I have just read Clattenburg's comments and they make no sense. I have not seen any new sleeve rule in relation to offside and surely you can't score with your sleeve as that would be deemed handball?
    Life shouldn’t feel normal just now. So if your life still feels entirely normal, ask yourself if you are doing the right things, or if instead you might be putting yourself and others at unnecessary risk.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by proud-2-b-an-arab View Post
    Ok, so I have just read Clattenburg's comments and they make no sense. I have not seen any new sleeve rule in relation to offside and surely you can't score with your sleeve as that would be deemed handball?
    I’d heard someone on Sky talking before about the rules changing in regard to shirt sleeves but i can’t remember who.

What i keep coming back though (you probably noticed that ) is that, if he’s wrong why has nothing been said by anyone else to contradict him? I mean, it happened to Liverpool so where are the scouse punters, pundits etc? They’re normally vociferous as **** about injustice yet there’s nothing, absolutely heehaw, saying he’s wrong.

I don't by newspapers or watch Sky Sports News, so I couldn't tell you what has or hasn't been said. I did have a look on the EPL VAR site earlier and if that is the official rule, why have they not posted it on there? Is there an official response from the EPL or VAR?

The only thing is some washed up referee spouting ***** that makes no sense.
    Life shouldn’t feel normal just now. So if your life still feels entirely normal, ask yourself if you are doing the right things, or if instead you might be putting yourself and others at unnecessary risk.

I'll see your Clattenburg and raise you a Hackett:

Ex Premier League referee and former Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) chief Hackett believes that VAR shouldn't have disallowed the goal, which would have handed Liverpool all three points.
    “It’s not offside for me," he told Caught Offside.

"The hand/arm up to the underside of the armpit is not a part of the body that can score.
    "My view is that this goal should not have been ruled out.
    “The cameras have speeds of up to 50 frames per second, so they do not have the level of accuracy to make this judgement.”
    “It’s a poor decision.”