Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend games

Under VAR offside is meant to be black and white. You're either offside or your not.

I think they've got this one wrong.
    Life shouldn’t feel normal just now. So if your life still feels entirely normal, ask yourself if you are doing the right things, or if instead you might be putting yourself and others at unnecessary risk.

regarding VAR im not sure what the rules are but ive a feeling that sooner rather than later somebody will look at legal advice...im surprised it didnt happen last year when that goal v villa didnt register cos the system was broken...they got a draw and stayed up by a point.

Eastie International

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    regarding VAR im not sure what the rules are but ive a feeling that sooner rather than later somebody will look at legal advice...im surprised it didnt happen last year when that goal v villa didnt register cos the system was broken...they got a draw and stayed up by a point.
    That wasn't VAR fault that was due to goal line technology not working correctly.

That disallowed goal for Liverpool was a bit rough today that's the sort of decision that's so close the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacking team.

Scousers love a bit of injustice though, they'll be lapping this up.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

one thing ive noticed with VAR is when a boy is offside and the officials miss it and he wins a corner and they score off the corner VAR doesnt look that far back....i thought it would be good for the game but its a ****ing shambles that liverpool decision wasnt even close to being offside

Offside should go with the on-field decision unless it’s obviously wrong. And by obviously, I mean detectable to the naked eye without the lines being drawn.

So Liverpool would have had their third goal; but if the linesman had flagged, that too would have stood.
    "The soul of a club is the product of its history and the history of a club is a product of those who toil in its cause with their hearts on their sleeve as well as the badge on their chest, who play with an awareness of where they are and in whose footsteps they tread."

On offside, I have a question, cos it keeps happening at my wee lads games.

If the ball is last touched by a defender, can an attacker be offside? I always thought not, but the refs always blow. Does anyone know?
    Over the hills and far away.

I like the offside rule as it stands. People might no like it, but it is clear - if a part of your body you can score with is ahead of the last defender you're offside. They have the technology to get the deciding right so what's the problem? At least it's fair.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoman View Post
    On offside, I have a question, cos it keeps happening at my wee lads games.

If the ball is last touched by a defender, can an attacker be offside? I always thought not, but the refs always blow. Does anyone know?
    If an attacker is offside when the ball is last touched by another attacker but then goes on to hit a defender, then it is still offside. But I’m not sure if that’s what you are saying.
    #GoPackGo

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Lanley View Post
    I like the offside rule as it stands. People might no like it, but it is clear - if a part of your body you can score with is ahead of the last defender you're offside. They have the technology to get the deciding right so what's the problem? At least it's fair.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
    Which is all well and good in the vast majority of cases, but the Liverpool case yesterday, from the pictures I've seen you can't tell if there is a scoring part of the body offside, therefore, I believe the goal should have stood.
    Life shouldn’t feel normal just now. So if your life still feels entirely normal, ask yourself if you are doing the right things, or if instead you might be putting yourself and others at unnecessary risk.