Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: American Owners?

Everybody keeps asking for information and when Gibson tells us why it's fallen through people starting moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by arab79 View Post
    Everybody keeps asking for information and when Gibson tells us why it's fallen through people starting moaning.
    Exactly. Loonies man

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010wedoneitagain View Post
    I would move to Glasgow.

Sooner Thomson packs his bags and leaves the club the better,he has destroyed the club with his poor management.

Regardless of who is to blame about the deal not happening, the club once again starts a season in turmoil (off the park) we still have no real stability, and people who have put off buying season tickets will now not meaning our budget is further reduced.

On on the park, we don’t have enough quality to be promoted. Worrying times once again

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by arab1981 View Post
    Regardless of who is to blame about the deal not happening, the club once again starts a season in turmoil (off the park) we still have no real stability, and people who have put off buying season tickets will now not meaning our budget is further reduced.

On on the park, we don’t have enough quality to be promoted. Worrying times once again
    Now now, can't have this negativity and/or paranoia affecting the start of our season. You'll have the Old Guard coming down on you.

Well I'll start that then shall I? **** sake lads we've not even kicked a ball in anger yet! I'm going to remain positive and believe in the changes that are being made, that will last until we go a goal behind then I'm all ****ing doom and gloom again!

Yup it's so easy to fall into predicting negative things. We don't know what's going on, why it's going on or what will happen so just chill out until it happens.

That's what they were saying on the Titanic

This statement reeks of sour grapes and self-interest. Anyone who has ever been involved in contracting knows that, whatever has been "agreed", the deal isn't done until the ink is dry on the contract. To claim shock and outrage at things changing before that point is at best naive - and we don't need a naive majority shareholder. I'm sure that Mr Gibson is a fine upstanding individual and has never sought to amend contract terms "at the eleventh hour" in any of his business dealings.

"This deal would have allowed fan participation in the club..." Presumably that would be fans that share his view of how the club should be run? Or is he planning on gifting 500k worth of shares to the fans?

He talks about seven figure financial black holes without advancing any evidence of where he is going to produce the cash necessary to invest in the club. I haven't heard anyone involved in DUSF on here claiming they have seven figures to invest - but of course I could be wrong and would be happy to stand corrected. And what about next season, and the season after that?

And of course he finishes with a call to arms to all supporters by claiming that the bogey-man played him for his own ends.

If this had gone through it would have been frying pan and fire. And as others have said, timing is impeccable for someone who says they have the club's best interests at heart.

Of course all of this is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fly The Flag View Post
    That's what they were saying on the Titanic
    I'll be playing the violin as we head down