Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: World Cup 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Lanley View Post
    What record?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
    goes above Puskas as European highest goal scorer ever with 85

Portugal are completely pish

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Spain v Iran first half was dull, dull, dull, desperately needed Spain to score and force Iran into coming out and trying to play some football. So thank feck they scored in the 2nd half, and Iran can actually play some pressing footie and gave Spain a few scares. Glad they didn't get the equaliser though, this tourney really needs Spain getting into the knockout stage to have an exciting team in the latter stages.

The pattern I have seen in the games I have watched is that the less fancied teams, with one or two exceptions, can generally defend okay and compete in midfield, but they just lack that star striker or maestro that can put the ball in the net with a touch of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoman View Post
    The pattern I have seen in the games I have watched is that the less fancied teams, with one or two exceptions, can generally defend okay and compete in midfield, but they just lack that star striker or maestro that can put the ball in the net with a touch of magic.
    Bit like United, well apart from the defending ok, oh and maybe no competing that well in midfield
    He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how (Nietzsche)

Yep, stick Ronaldo in that Iran team and they'd be going through to the next round no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by liviforever View Post
    Yep, stick Ronaldo in that Iran team and they'd be going through to the next round no problem.
    Morocco too.

Then again Poland have Lewandowski but got cuffed from Senegal, largely by making defensive howlers, so I suppose it is not that clear cut, but I do think it is a general trend.

Blood And Snotters PLC Butthead's Avatar

Lewandowski isn't in the same league as Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
    Lewandowski isn't in the same league as Ronaldo.
    The Bundesliga is still quite strong.

Pretty much why United have struggled since we let Jon Daly go.

Still crazy after all these years...