Thread: Celtic v Livi

Default Celtic v Livi

Not expecting us to get anything here, and as much as i'd like to see us giving them a tough game and frustrating them, i have my doubts about Miller being able to set us up right to do that. We've def got the players to harry them and make it difficult, but Miller has been playing the ball out of defence in the Betfred games and if he does that against Celtic he'll invite pressure onto our back line and it could get embarrassing.

It's a free hit for us though, the teams we'll be needing to get above aren't likely to beat Celtic either, so this will give Miller a good chance to learn things.

Nobody will be expecting anything other than a Celtic win so it is a free hit as you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

If you sit in against Celtic they will eventually break you down.
    If you have a go against Celtic they will rip you a new ersehole

It's a sad state of affairs when you are quite happy with a narrow defeat against them.

It's our first Premiership game so don't know what to expect super, just want it out of the way so we can get down to business against Killie and look to get something there. Might be different by the next quarter after we're up and running.

You'll probably get humped, sore 1st fixture to get.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Result went as expected, never a nice feeling getting beat but really couldn't see any other result, and the consolation goal at the end finished the game on a high note for us, something positive to take away from it anyway.

Usual decisions going the way of the big Glasgow team, soft penalty that would never have been given had it been the other way around and Halkett being fouled in the box at a Livi corner and we get nothing. So the goal at the end was deserved to make up for the refereeing bias. Result wise it also took us up to 10th place, which is where i'm looking for us to be. Hamilton, St Mirren and Dundee are the teams we should be looking to get above.

Good to see Jack Hamilton getting a run out too, and almost scoring, has come from playing on loan to Penicuik and Berwick last season to playing at Parkheid in the Premiership, must have been some experience for him. I think most of our players were a bit daunted by the atmosphere playing in front of 58 thousand fans, and took a wee while to settle into the game, but it should be a good learning curve for them, they wont face anything better on the pitch or as big a crowd in the stands, and they showed a bit of fight to have a go at Celtic in the last 20 mins and get a goal. Actually played better when Kenny Miller was subbed too. A few players out that would've made a difference too, so wasn't even our best eleven. Also think Jack McMillan has shown he's worthy of a start, after coming on as sub and doing well, and Kaja looks a cracking loan signing, so some positives for the season ahead.

Can't wait to play Killie at home next week, that'll give us a better gauge on where we are against the other Premiership teams, it'll be a tough game but one we should be looking to get something from.
    Last edited by liviforever; 05-08-2018 at 12:03.

I think the teams you have to get results against will be Hamilton, St Mirren, Dundee and St Johnstone with the possibility of Motherwell if today's skelping wasn't a one-off. The rest should just be treated as a free shot.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Almighty View Post
    I think the teams you have to get results against will be Hamilton, St Mirren, Dundee and St Johnstone with the possibility of Motherwell if today's skelping wasn't a one-off. The rest should just be treated as a free shot.
    Yep, though I fancy us at least giving the rest a game of it and having a chance against them too. Celtic have always been too good for us and can't see that being any different this season but I think we'd be in with a chance of the odd result against Sevco and the rest of the top 6 teams, esp at home.

Really need to have Ryan Hardie back playing though, we're def a bit light up front without him, Sibbald and Kaja are really good looking signings too, Sibbs is out injured just now too but should be back soon.
    Last edited by liviforever; 05-08-2018 at 20:37.