Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: burqas

Quote Originally Posted by beardyface23 View Post
    TBH, there's plenty wumman in dundee that could be doing with keeping their stupid pusses covered
    Should be compulsive attire for the clientele at Fat Sams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Lanley View Post
    These are mental.

What's great is that as society becomes more progressively feminist and looks to empower women, these oppressive garments are still allowed.

My question is, if it's truly the woman's choice to wear them, why do I never see non Muslim women covering their entire bodies?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    How would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by liviforever View Post
    Boris is doing a Trump and going after the right wing extremist vote UKIP has left open for him to chase.
    Corbyn has upset the Jews and Boris has upset the Muslims, it's all fun and games being a politician.
    I don't think attacking Boris is the answer. These items of clothing are oppressive to women, a security risk, make no sense in the UK climate and would surely induce vitamin D deficiency in the wearer.
    It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind

Quote Originally Posted by eneloop View Post
    I don't think attacking Boris is the answer. These items of clothing are oppressive to women, a security risk, make no sense in the UK climate and would surely induce vitamin D deficiency in the wearer.
    This only became a recent news story after Boris commented on it a week or two back. He's had advice from same guy that Trump used though and is obv going after the far right vote, I don't believe Boris cares what Muslim woman wear, it is all vote strategy with him looking to become the next PM.

Personally there are a lot of tastes I find weird, folk getting tattoos all over their faces, necks, sleaves etc, piercings all over the place too, and a variety of clothing people wear that looks ghastly and strange, folk wearing leggings when they're overweight, cycling shorts when they don't race, speedos and mankinis, the list is endless. Burqas are no different, so why the big hooha over them, it's all just a load of bollox when folk get in a lather over it trying to pretend they're only interested in the wearers well being.

Blood And Snotters PLC Butthead's Avatar

It's not anything like any of those things though is it?

It's a symbol of a religion, a culture and a value system completely different to what we are used to.

Seems weird to me people are so desperate to defend it.

I thought the furore was less about what he said, but the way he said it.
    A fool for turning up every week, and proud of it.

It's just Boris being Boris again, free of cabinet responsibility, trying to attack an easy target to reposition himself as a poor English Trump. **** him.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
    It's not anything like any of those things though is it?

It's a symbol of a religion, a culture and a value system completely different to what we are used to.

Seems weird to me people are so desperate to defend it.
    Anyone choosing to have an opposite opinion to folk with a burqa agenda is desperate to defend them, aye ok.

Blood And Snotters PLC Butthead's Avatar

You are defending it. You think it's no different to having tattoos and piercings.

Which, by the way, is one of the most absurd things I've ever read on here.