Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The smug health & fitness thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
    As one of those mentioned m Major in the first post, I walk loads and eat healthier.

4+ stone lost since January.

Haven't made a big deal of it, because you shouldn't be congratulated for choosing not to be a small, big, fat, lazy b4st4rd
    I'd wondered about that, looking good fella.

I thought for a moment you'd taken up smack
    "If you think what you've done is the best you can do, you can't have very much to aspire to."

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    Happy Birthday Mich!

I'm sure someone else has already pointed it out, but you are now closer to 50 than 40. Welcome to the club!
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010wedoneitagain
    I would move to Glasgow

The Original Dublin Arab dublinarab's Avatar

I’m naturally pretty skinny but currently plantar fasciitis ( heel pain) has put a stop to running this year. Had been doing regular 5k park runs and the odd 10k or half marathon race and in 2015 ran the marathon du medoc for my 40th. This is a proper 26 mile marathon but involved 21 wine and food stops - think I drank around 3 bottles of wine which helped numb me from the various explosion in my muscles and joints!

i train my sons u7s team which burns some energy and am doing 2 karate classes a week with my kids. I’m in the beginners having been a black belt in my teens.Its hard realizing how good I was and how effortless it was for then, when I can barely touch my toes now.

I’m fitter than I was in my mid 30s (when I did nothing apart from odd game of 5s) in some ways but it certainly gets harder to recover, and I seem to pick up injuries a lot easier.
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by dublinarab View Post
    Im naturally pretty skinny but currently plantar fasciitis ( heel pain) has put a stop to running this year. Had been doing regular 5k park runs and the odd 10k or half marathon race and in 2015 ran the marathon du medoc for my 40th. This is a proper 26 mile marathon but involved 21 wine and food stops - think I drank around 3 bottles of wine which helped numb me from the various explosion in my muscles and joints!

i train my sons u7s team which burns some energy and am doing 2 karate classes a week with my kids. Im in the beginners having been a black belt in my teens.Its hard realizing how good I was and how effortless it was for then, when I can barely touch my toes now.

Im fitter than I was in my mid 30s (when I did nothing apart from odd game of 5s) in some ways but it certainly gets harder to recover, and I seem to pick up injuries a lot easier.
    I've always been quite injury prone. I was always tearing calfs and breaking ribs when I played football. Did the medial ligament in my right knee about ten years ago and got shin splints a few times aswell. The last five years have been mostly Achilles tendon injuries though so I now need to do a proper full 20 minute warm-up before I go out for a run and I can't really push myself in terms of speed anymore so I tend to run longer distances than I used to slower than I used to.
    Acid on the radio, acid on the brain, acid everywhere you go, acid in the rain

The Original Dublin Arab dublinarab's Avatar

I’m active but not fit. When I was a kid I think the karate helped me survive all the other sports I did as I was so flexible and the core strength it gives helps with collision injuries. A 25 year gap is a lot to catch up on though!

heel, Achilles and IT band problems I think are par for the course for over 40s runners and you have to stretch and warm up pretty religiously. I never made the time and have paid the price.
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?