Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Morton match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Major Major Major Major View Post
    Iíd be surprised if Martin sacks him if thereís interest in the club. Why pay a manager off if you think itíll be somebody elseís expense to deal with soon anyway? Iíve never believed that Martin wanted the running of the club long-term. I think he saw an opportunity to be a middle man and facilitate what he thought was going to be a quick sale but itís taken a lot longer than he thought it would and heís effectively been caught with his pants down.
    Or he could punt Laszlo and leave Ellis et al in charge as a temporary measure and get the fans back on side? Then the new guys can bring in who they want? If and when theu appear.

I get the financial point you make but Martin is beginning to look almost as much of a diddy as Laszlo is. Itll cost tye club no matter who is in charge really. We're probably still paying Mixu and McKinnon!

Yesterday was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Fly The Flag View Post
    I think MM will give him enough time to see these four playing in the first team before he makes the decision to get rid of CL or not, otherwise that will be CL's excuse, ie he was not given a chance with a full squad.
    If this is the case, it points to MM having less of a clue really.
    Surely the measure of a manager is the ability to use the "squad" effectively through injuries and suspensions etc.

Although it would be nice if everyone had their best starting 11 every week it doesn't happen often.

I think a decent manager/coach could do something with this squad.
    For me it kinda reeks of mcnafortune's inability to do anything with one of our best(and biggest) squads ever.
    Throw as much 5hite at a blanket and see what sticks?

Has to go.

Premium Member

He must be remembering the huge contribution Billy Invisible made last year! We're ****ed if we're relying on him.

Eastie International

Quote Originally Posted by Bigseve View Post
    He must be remembering the huge contribution Billy Invisible made last year! We're ****ed if we're relying on him.
    Couldn't agree more - anyone who saw more than a handful of games last season must surely recognise that a manager seeking to base your strategy and consistently rely on the likes of King and/or McMullan to win games and/or battle through tough matches is a surefire way to mediocrity and/or the sack (says he hopefully).

The only plea in mitigation might be that poor as King often is/was - he still might be a better option than some of the players Wafflepish appears to have signed over the summer - a view which if subsequently proved to be correct, basically means we're doomed!

I don't know what has happened to McMullan, because I thought he had a decent start to last season, up until he was sent off.
    For as long as but hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English rule.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom, for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Quote Originally Posted by proud-2-b-an-arab View Post
    I don't know what has happened to McMullan, because I thought he had a decent start to last season, up until he was sent off.
    Certainly on Saturday in his short cameo appearance gave us pace and directness along with Fyffie's passing, which stretched their defence. Based on what I seen of him this season, albeit, mostly Azone clips, his attitude seems to be spot on when playing.

McMullan wants away but nobody will touch him. Or at least nobody who will pay him what United pay him.
    Acid on the radio, acid on the brain, acid everywhere you go, acid in the rain

The worry is I'm certain Loemba isn't a better choice than either of them.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by benalder284 View Post
    Couldn't agree more - anyone who saw more than a handful of games last season must surely recognise that a manager seeking to base your strategy and consistently rely on the likes of King and/or McMullan to win games and/or battle through tough matches is a surefire way to mediocrity and/or the sack (says he hopefully).

The only plea in mitigation might be that poor as King often is/was - he still might be a better option than some of the players Wafflepish appears to have signed over the summer - a view which if subsequently proved to be correct, basically means we're doomed!
    You're last paragraph is one of the reasons the manager, and i use the term advisedly, should be gone already.