Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Week 9 - Partick Thistle v Dundee United

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    At least Murdoch's suspended

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Wonder if RN will play him at CH, RB or, preferably not at all.

After his suspension is up

Eastie Reserve Messi The Magician's Avatar

Good luck to Neilson when picking the team on Saturday. I've been watching us play all season and I havnae a clue what the team will/should be. For example, we only have 2 keepers and I've nae idea who is the better of the 2. They're both distinctly average in my opinion. I've got no idea who should get the nod even just for that position.

As I said at the start, good luck to Neilson when picking the team on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arababa View Post
    Thistle are just adjusting to relegation and are backed by lottery winners. Yes they have just sacked their manager but being managerless can galvanise as well.

United have a new manager and adjustment will take time, no lottery winner for an extra boost, have more or less settled at present as a mid table team, have a diddy ex managers players on 2 year contracts and little money to spend if any either in jan or aug due to number of players needing retained. Weve also had changes in the boardroom for which the jury is still out.

So overall I think thistle are less of a mess than we are certainly including off the field stuff

In a month or two with changes coming in from RN that statement may change but right now I think its accurate.

Purely on form/playing side....

side with a point to prove v side with a point to prove

So, draw. Though id take 3-1 united

I think you are being too pessimistic, Arababa. (And that's not easy for a United fan!!)

I think United look more likely to divest themselves of whatever mess they're in than Thistle do right now. And as for the mess you feel we're in "off the field", I thought Mike Martin had set about resolving that fairly well.

Still, as you say, my opinion might change depending on Saturday's result.

Still crazy after all these years...

Weather forecast not encouraging for Fri/Sat in NW Glasgow. Heavy rain most of Saturday. Just putting this out there.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by tangsman View Post
    Weather forecast not encouraging for Fri/Sat in NW Glasgow. Heavy rain most of Saturday. Just putting this out there.
    Wouldnt be the first time we've had a postponement at Firhill and wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing either. Give him an extra week with the players and a home game to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigseve View Post
    Wouldnt be the first time we've had a postponement at Firhill and wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing either. Give him an extra week with the players and a home game to start.
    Aye but partick are there for the taking and we are the only ones playing this weekend. We need the three points...

Out of interest, I was wondering why we are the only ones playing this weekend? The match was originally scheduled for the 30th along with everyone else in the division. Any idea why we changed it?

fwiw I'm always doubly nervous when we have a lone fixture ahead of everyone else. If we win, great, stolen a march on our rivals/points in the bag, etc. But lose and I feel as if we've dealt ourselves a blow and handed a psychological advantage to opponents, as if we've lost twice the amount of ground. Double-whammy kind of thing. Irrational, maybe, but how I feel.
    Last edited by FamousToepoke; 11-10-2018 at 13:45.

Still crazy after all these years...

Because both teams are out of the Irn Bru cup.
    A fool for turning up every week, and proud of it.

So we have a free week, the week we should have been playing?

A free midweek.
    A fool for turning up every week, and proud of it.