Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Grenfell outrage

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSpock View Post
    Labour had 13 years to make sure high rise buildings were safe, of course they didn't. They let tsunamis of immigrants into the country though, lowering wages and making struggling services creak under the numbers. 300,000 a year net is an absolute scandal.
    Kengsington and Chelsea Council which Grenfell falls under, has been Tory run since 1964. The Tower was built in 1972 and refurbished in 2016, when the flammable cladding was put on, when non-flammable cladding could have been put on for an extra £300k, despite the council having a surplus of £274m, so yes, I think we can blame the Tories.
    For as long as but hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any condition be brought under English rule.

    It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom, for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

  2. #12
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    East Wemyss
    Posts
    3,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud-2-b-an-arab View Post
    Kengsington and Chelsea Council which Grenfell falls under, has been Tory run since 1964. The Tower was built in 1972 and refurbished in 2016, when the flammable cladding was put on, when non-flammable cladding could have been put on for an extra £300k, despite the council having a surplus of £274m, so yes, I think we can blame the Tories.
    That’s him telt.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proud-2-b-an-arab View Post
    Kengsington and Chelsea Council which Grenfell falls under, has been Tory run since 1964. The Tower was built in 1972 and refurbished in 2016, when the flammable cladding was put on, when non-flammable cladding could have been put on for an extra £300k, despite the council having a surplus of £274m, so yes, I think we can blame the Tories.
    Labour ran, or should I say ran down the country from 1997-2010, plenty time to sort things out. Blair should have been living in Grenfell, a bigger traitor to the UK you couldn't find.

  4. #14
    Administrator Mio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Menzieshill, Dundee
    Posts
    15,316

    Default

    A Tory from the Hilltown, you are one of a kind Spocky

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    A Tory from the Hilltown, you are one of a kind Spocky

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    A blue Tory, not a red Tory ie Labour, or a tartan Tory the SNP. .

  6. #16

    Default

    A ****ing "no right in the heid" Tory. But is there any other kind
    He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how (Nietzsche)

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSpock View Post
    Labour had 13 years to make sure high rise buildings were safe, of course they didn't. They let tsunamis of immigrants into the country though, lowering wages and making struggling services creak under the numbers. 300,000 a year net is an absolute scandal.
    I’m not sure if an awful lot of this is true.
    “tsunamis of immigrants”
    Nobody seriously believes that our government has much control over immigration, surely. This is set by the economy. The government of the day will do whatever business tells them. This is why the current government has got nowhere near its “targets”. They will not meet a target that hurts business or tax returns. This is why immigration is one of the worst possible arguments for Brexit. It will not change unless the economy changes.
    There is a bit of an argument for wages being depressed in some industries, but the evidence is sketchy.
    Services creaking under the weight of migrants has been called out by study after study showing that the migrant populations are generally of working age, and are therefore more likely to be in work and not sick. Tax returns are higher than the average indigenous population. This is why they let them in. Our total population has been very static for decades now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DON'T BUY/CLICK THE SUN OR DAILY MAIL OR PAY FOR SKY

  8. #18

    Default

    Scotland's and the UKs economy has increased since joining the EU, recently, the net is 300,000 a year. Almost the population of Educational nburgh every year. The homeless people must be scratching their heads wondering where the net 300,000 are going to live. Our MPs need shooting.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Shed View Post
    I’m not sure if an awful lot of this is true.
    “tsunamis of immigrants”
    Nobody seriously believes that our government has much control over immigration, surely. This is set by the economy. The government of the day will do whatever business tells them. This is why the current government has got nowhere near its “targets”. They will not meet a target that hurts business or tax returns. This is why immigration is one of the worst possible arguments for Brexit. It will not change unless the economy changes.
    There is a bit of an argument for wages being depressed in some industries, but the evidence is sketchy.
    Services creaking under the weight of migrants has been called out by study after study showing that the migrant populations are generally of working age, and are therefore more likely to be in work and not sick. Tax returns are higher than the average indigenous population. This is why they let them in. Our total population has been very static for decades now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good post and agree particularly with the part in bold.

    I did some work that included research on migrant impact on European workforces and economies and as you say it is and tends to be almost always positive, especially in the medium to longer term.

  10. #20

    Default

    Controlled immigration can work, uncontrolled immigration can't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •