Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Shamima Begum

From what I’ve read very much at risk , another older friend had already gone , she was interviewed at school by the police and handed a letter to take home to her parents ( you can imagine what happened to that ) ,there have been numerous failings that need investigated .
    at the end of the day her horrendous attitude has to be taken in context that she was groomed ,abused and radicalised as a minor in the uk ,we are suppose to protect our youths .Obviosuly the system isn’t perfect but by washing it’s hands of any responsibilities the Uk government will learn nothing and all they have done is played to the far right prejudices .Its a shameful act but hardly surprising from the horrible *******s running the UK .

Blood And Snotters PLC Butthead's Avatar

What do you suggest should have happened?

Do you think one of your kids could be groomed and persuaded to join a death cult whilst living under your roof?

We have absolutely no idea what her home life was like. I'm guessing it wasn't very stable. The same can probably be said for everyone who runs away to join IS.

It’s not for me to say what should have happened , but I’m expecting a responsible government to have had things in place to try and prevent this , and when it does break down they need to find out why and fix it . As I have said and it’s a fact she was a minor when all this happened and the horrible ******* government we have politicised this and played to the right wing types within our numbers who are ignoring the context of all this , you would think they supported child abuse ....

Blood And Snotters PLC Butthead's Avatar

They obviously do have things in place, you said yourself the police spoke to her.

Maybe if she didn't come from a broken home and had parents who were actually interested in her wellbeing this wouldn't have happened.

If we want to prevent this type of thing happening it needs to begin in the home. By the time the government have to get involved it's already too late.

You're the one politicising it by constantly blaming the Tories for what happened.
    Last edited by Butthead; 12-03-2019 at 18:58.

Think the bottom line here is that a very young child has died. That's very sad no matter the context. It seems that it could have been prevented without much fuss, which makes it worse.

No sure how the state could have prevented the lassie being radicalised. Other than monitoring all folk of certain racial backgrounds. Which would of course be against their human rights.

Tough one.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010wedoneitagain View Post
    I would move to Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Lanley View Post
    Think the bottom line here is that a very young child has died. That's very sad no matter the context. It seems that it could have been prevented without much fuss, which makes it worse.

No sure how the state could have prevented the lassie being radicalised. Other than monitoring all folk of certain racial backgrounds. Which would of course be against their human rights.

Tough one.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Religious, not racial, I would think. Though even that might not be practicable since many that did join IS only converted to Islam just before they left the west.

Otherwise agree with the rest of your post, a very difficult situation.

Its an emotive issue but the morally right thing to do is never the simplest. She has to be allowed back and jailed/deradicalised. In doing so the country gets a security asset. She was radicalised at 15 ffs. Shes been abused as well. It isnt remotely acceptsble to me to condemn her to a refugee camp. We cannot judge what she says when still in the middle east with a bounty on her head. This shouldnt even be a debate. Get her back

What a fantastic read that was