Page 488 of 515 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5143

Thread: CoronaVirus

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Lanley View Post

I would never open a pub again. This country's relationship with drink has been thrown right under the spotlight over the last year, it's clear no one does anything with their mates bar drink.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Initially I missed going to the pub meeting my mates and having the odd bar meal with my wife. As time has gone on though I'd say I've missed it less and replaced it with other things. I actually feel physically better now than anytime in the last 10 years or so. I will almost certainly go back to the pubs when they open but probably not as often as I did before this ****storm arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Shed View Post
    0.7% of the population have had both doses. Prevalence is still high and hospitals are at early May levels of occupancy.
    The vaccines are the way out of this, but we can absolutely royally **** it up from here, or we can keep going for a few more weeks and ease off slowly to make sure we’re not back doing this again because we let it get out of control and developed a “Scottish escape mutant” that evades our vaccines. If ever there is a time for a mutation, it’s when we apply evolutionary pressure to the virus through the vaccines. The answer is to limit the number of mutations it can get through whilst we are vaccinating.
    Seriously, people have thought about this. They are not making us do this for no reason. There’s a fair chance that the impatience stirred up by the gutter press will ruin this for everyone.
    I still think the country will be looking much brighter by May, but we are not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said Super-Shed

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

We are lucky further south in Europe, because instead of a pub culture, there is much more of an outdoor bar and cafe culture, which lends itself far more easily to restrictions. I am far more likely to have lunch outside with a bottle of wine, than to go to an indoor bar in the evening for a few drinks- that's just not a big deal here.

In fact, I think they are re-opening outdoor terraces on March 1 here-they have been closed over the coldest months as infections spiked.

Saying that, I most definitely do miss the buzz and atmosphere of a solid Scottish boozer and whenever I return I love dropping into one. So yeah, if I lived in Scotland I'd be missing it, but over here it just doesn't really apply.
    Over the hills and far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoman View Post
    We are lucky further south in Europe, because instead of a pub culture, there is much more of an outdoor bar and cafe culture, which lends itself far more easily to restrictions. I am far more likely to have lunch outside with a bottle of wine, than to go to an indoor bar in the evening for a few drinks- that's just not a big deal here.
    That is one of my favourite things when I'm in Europe, especially in the warmer weather.

Eating outdoors with a beer or glass of wine whilst just watching the world turn cannot be beaten in my opinion. Hell, I enjoy just sitting having a coffee and pastry over there more than I would being stuck inside a pub on a cold winter or even a Scottish wet summer evening in this country.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Almighty View Post
    Initially I missed going to the pub meeting my mates and having the odd bar meal with my wife. As time has gone on though I'd say I've missed it less and replaced it with other things. I actually feel physically better now than anytime in the last 10 years or so. I will almost certainly go back to the pubs when they open but probably not as often as I did before this ****storm arrived.

Well said Super-Shed
    As much as I've said I can't wait to get back to the pub I have kinda got used to it too. Where I've struggled lately however is not getting golfing or cycling. Cairdy was closed and hasn't been the weather for doing either so that was 3 of my hobbies gubbed which is ***** when you're working in a stressful environment and having very little.to look forward to on days off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    Or it could go the other way and cut prices to encourage people to go

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    They could do but I can't see it... They'll know folk are desperate to meet up with their mates for a few pints and will charge top dollar incase it goes **** up again

Quote Originally Posted by eaststandarab2 View Post
    As much as I've said I can't wait to get back to the pub I have kinda got used to it too. Where I've struggled lately however is not getting golfing or cycling. Cairdy was closed and hasn't been the weather for doing either so that was 3 of my hobbies gubbed which is ***** when you're working in a stressful environment and having very little.to look forward to on days off.

Yes I'd agree the golf has been a big miss for me. There's a bunch of us Dundee based lads who have links tickets at St Andrews and because they are sticklers (rightly I suppose) for the rules we haven't been able to golf at all during this lockdown. I suppose the fact that the weather has been a bit shyte has mitigated this somewhat but it's still a ball breaker.

I also read that these new strains of Covid doing the rounds are believed to be 70% more transmittable and that is the reason why they are still pushing the mask wearing even as more and more folk are being vaccinated.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

I've still no idea why they have restrictions for golf
    We're not allowed to touch the flag
    All rakes have been removed from the bunkers
    And it's not as if we all hug and high five when we've either hit a good shot or got our drive past the women's tee.. You could go out in a 4 ball without coming within 10ft of your mates... I don't understand the thinking behind the restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    I've still no idea why they have restrictions for golf
    We're not allowed to touch the flag
    All rakes have been removed from the bunkers
    And it's not as if we all hug and high five when we've either hit a good shot or got our drive past the women's tee.. You could go out in a 4 ball without coming within 10ft of your mates... I don't understand the thinking behind the restrictions
    Yeah, once you do all that, close clubhouses so that folk turn up dressed and just put their shoes on in the car park, it does seem like the perfect sport to remain open. It's not even difficult just to keep them open for local members to restrict travel.
    Over the hills and far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoman View Post
    Yeah, once you do all that, close clubhouses so that folk turn up dressed and just put their shoes on in the car park, it does seem like the perfect sport to remain open. It's not even difficult just to keep them open for local members to restrict travel.
    Aye clubhouses are closed the lockeroom is closed all you do is get out the car get ready and report into the reception area so they can tick your name off... No contact or coming remotely near anybody else.. You come off change shoes and head home.. To me they should have kept every outdoor activity as normal providing you don't have to touch anything belonging to anybody else... If your like me and frequently visit the trees in search of your ball.. You ain't allowed to pick any ball up you find apart from your own

I'm sure we all saw the comments on the likes of the Tele page earlier in the lockdown along the lines of "I was up at caird park walking my dog and there were people out playing golf. HOW CRAZY ARE THEY??!!!!"

They've got golf clubs, you've got a dog. Can anyone explain how one is apparently more dangerous than the other?