Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoman View Post
    Oh the irony.
    Now now, no need to be upset that you can't see through bull**** narratives as quickly and expertly as some others.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    Half the ****s out protesting and shouting black lives matter.. Really don't give a **** and are just out to riot and give the police some stick
    Doubt it, some maybe, and some will be white supremacists out to cause riots and blame it on BLM protests, there'll be a lot of reasons for protestors being there, mainly it'll be for the right reasons though, bringing light on the wrongs blacks have suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by liviforever View Post
    Doubt it, some maybe, and some will be white supremacists out to cause riots and blame it on BLM protests, there'll be a lot of reasons for protestors being there, mainly it'll be for the right reasons though, bringing light on the wrongs blacks have suffered.
    Right enough.. Looting shops and running away wi plasma tvs etc gets the point across

Blood And Snotters PLC Butthead's Avatar

White supremacists causing riots dearie me.
    Last edited by Butthead; 15-09-2020 at 14:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Lanley View Post
    I think the premise is obviously admirable, as would any right thinking person. In an ideal world everyone would be treated fairly. But there's a certain hypocrisy at play here that goes continually unacknowledged imo. Its daft to portray yourselves as campaigning for "equality" for black people, when in fact thats not what they're after, they're just after more for themselves. If they were after equality for their black brothers and sisters then they'd be better served by looking to the most oppressed black people in the world, and I can tell you for nothing that they're not in ****ing oregon

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
    Surely they’re campaigning to their own government about domestic matters that are within the remit of that government.
    I get your wider point that there are folk in worse situations, but it doesn’t really seem preposterous that people campaign on issues that directly affect them.
    Should UK trade unions pack in and campaign for construction workers’ rights in Saudi as their situation is worse? Should suffragettes have campaigned instead for women in Afghanistan to get a vote instead of them?
    Of course not, they are trying to make a difference to their own lives, through their own government.
    Some BLM actions and proposals are questionable, but people are sick of getting nowhere with the normal channels and indeed peaceful protests. The US is going to be an absolute powder keg in the run up to the election. Trump will make it worse and people will die. There are already armed vigilantes wandering streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DON'T BUY/CLICK THE SUN OR DAILY MAIL OR PAY FOR SKY

What bothers me is their consistent campaign across the world, specifically "defund police"

In the American context it makes sense because of the ****ed up way their systems work and how it needs to be reformed.

It makes **** all sense in much of Europe because the ****ed up systems that the US still uses were disposed of donkeys ago. Like seriously a police force for a supermarket that's what ****ing security guards see for and most supermarket security guards have more domain knowledge than a US police anyway.

It's a bit like the "sovereign citizen" ****ts wandering around Australia quoting repealed californian penal law as if it means anything.
    You'd think they knew they were in Oz rsther than the US what with being upside down...

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
    Cake is Critical.

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    Right enough.. Looting shops and running away wi plasma tvs etc gets the point across
    Is that half of them doing that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
    White supremacists causing riots dearie me.
    Rather damaging property to try and stir up ****, but same premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Shed View Post
    Surely they’re campaigning to their own government about domestic matters that are within the remit of that government.
    I get your wider point that there are folk in worse situations, but it doesn’t really seem preposterous that people campaign on issues that directly affect them.
    Should UK trade unions pack in and campaign for construction workers’ rights in Saudi as their situation is worse? Should suffragettes have campaigned instead for women in Afghanistan to get a vote instead of them?
    Of course not, they are trying to make a difference to their own lives, through their own government.
    Some BLM actions and proposals are questionable, but people are sick of getting nowhere with the normal channels and indeed peaceful protests. The US is going to be an absolute powder keg in the run up to the election. Trump will make it worse and people will die. There are already armed vigilantes wandering streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Saw that on the news the other week, mental stuff. White malitias armed to the teeth walking about the streets saying they were there to protect statues, buildings etc, then there was a black malitia equally armed to the teeth ready to protect BLM protestors, and the police staying well way from it all, letting them just get on with it. Looked like civil war was ready to break out.

Colours will be banned soon.