Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173
Results 1,721 to 1,727 of 1727

Thread: New manager

Premium Member

Sounded good on Sky Sports News there. Looking forward to seeing him improve the players as he has done everywhere he’s been.

Working down in Liverpool beside some Tranmere fans. They are genuinely gutted he has left them. Speak very highly of him.

I tend to think it's a great sign when fans of a manager's previous club are gutted he's leaving them until I remember Falkirk fans were gutted when Ian McCall left them for us.

Eastie 1st Teamer

Hes certainly saying the right things:

"I'm looking forward to making sure that I put a team together that represents the unbelievable history and passion of this football club."

Its about time someone had that idea. It sounds to me like what he wants to do is what we were told. Get the players fit, remind them of what they are representing and be attack.

Quite how many players we can afford to buy is another matter but I feel whoever is going to play for United is going to be well drilled.

Which in itself is an improvement on Neilson

Interview now up on the zone. Looks like he gets right in about it on the training ground.

I see in the last couple of days that utilita, JFKegs and Norman Jamieson have all been announced as extending sponsorship deals into the new season. Were these always going to happen but been held up during covid or were they holding on to see Malky wasn't going to be brought in?

Quote Originally Posted by eaststandarab2 View Post
    I see in the last couple of days that utilita, JFKegs and Norman Jamieson have all been announced as extending sponsorship deals into the new season. Were these always going to happen but been held up during covid or were they holding on to see Malky wasn't going to be brought in?
    Hard to say but the positive atmosphere around Mellon's appointment is night and day compared with what would have happened if we appointed the other MM.
    Last edited by Short_Sighted_United; 11-07-2020 at 10:22.