Thread: Fans Derbies 2005

Default Fans Derbies 2005

Found the dvd of this in the loft a couple of days ago, was a couple of games played before a wee pre season tournament we had with the wee team, Sheffield Wednesday and someone else iirc. Anyway the below is me scoring a PK after the game at Tannadice went to penalties. I've got the full 2 games of anyone took part and wants the file.

wolves

Aye I looked out up earlier on. 15 year ago today. Mad.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

aye had tickets for both days...****ing cost a fortune keeping a 7 and 5 year old amused inbetween games also remember that they opened cash gates to allow boys just to come in and sit where they wanted...****ing mayhem in the shed as boys sat in seats where boys had tickets Saturday was at tannadice...sunday was at dens...think we got humped 3-0 fae united then 4-0 from wolves united beat wednesday on pens.

This was the first version of the Discovery Cup, wasn't it? I think the following year it was simply a Dundee derby friendly for it.

I'm sure Stuart Duff scored a cracking goal against Dundee on the Saturday. Took it past a couple of players and thumped it in. Doesn't sound like the Stuart Duff we were all familiar with, so this could be utter bollocks right enough...

Think duff scored as did lee miller 2 united legends.

I played in a similar thing at Dens in 2006 before a pre-season derby. Team was picked on basis of biggest donation to Arabtrust. 1-1 at full time, we lost on penalties 3-2 (only three were taken, I took our second). My somewhat agricultural performance at centre half made me immensely popular amongst the opposition suppport. The whole match is on youtube in four parts. Standard is pretty dire to say the least. Here's the pens though.

https://youtu.be/uwWqKnqnXOE

What a minging strip you guys played in
    He who has a why to live can bear with almost any how (Nietzsche)