Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: United v Dons, 17 October 2020

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    the problem with them is they all sit and watch pep and klopp etc playing formations etc and think here that looks good we'll try that...same with all this playing out from the back...nothing annoys me more watching our keeper getting a passback then proceed to roll it to a defender...yir a keeper for a reason..you aint good at football just clear yir ****ing lines....mccann was a nightmare for this playing out from the back..teams cottoned on quite quickly that sooner or later a stray pass was gonna happen so they just sat back and let us knock the ball about the back 4
    I happened to us under Mixu a lot. Teams just pressed up the park and we did not have enough quality on the ball to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Manderinineri2015 View Post
    That was very noticeable last night Super, also Gordon kept them in the game at two key moments for you.
    aye he had two good saves one at 1-0 and i think the other at 4-2...but that 1st half was a disgrace and its down to a manager playing a formation that will never work when a team will run at ya...we'll get away with it v an Alloa type team but not against hearts at tynecastle.(would have been interesting to see what hearts were made of if we got a 3rd when on top)

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Almighty View Post
    Your modern manager tends to overthink football now. As Bill Shankly said, and I paraphrase - football is a simple game and is no more complicated than that.

You will struggle to find a United fan who thinks we have the personnel for a back 3 yet our present manager seems to have it as his default starting line-up.
    Tbf to MM though, he's not stuck with one as so many managers do. He's shifted from 433 to 451 to 5 at the back and back again. Now he's got another new player in he's changed it up again. Perhaps the 5 at the back was meant to mitigate the brain farts? OK it didn't work but at least he tried.

Today only reinforced what I've been saying, it's better players that will make the difference for us not different tactics.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Lanley View Post
    Tbf to MM though, he's not stuck with one as so many managers do. He's shifted from 433 to 451 to 5 at the back and back again. Now he's got another new player in he's changed it up again. Perhaps the 5 at the back was meant to mitigate the brain farts? OK it didn't work but at least he tried.

Today only reinforced what I've been saying, it's better players that will make the difference for us not different tactics.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

He is more likely to change things than any previous manager but why play a back three when that back three are not comfortable at all on the ball and invariably play hoofball or pass it to the opposition on more occasions than is good for my blood pressure.

You are spot on though that no amount of tactics will improve 90% of our team because they have reached their zenith a long time ago on that score. They aren't very good and that is putting it mildly.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    aye he had two good saves one at 1-0 and i think the other at 4-2...but that 1st half was a disgrace and its down to a manager playing a formation that will never work when a team will run at ya...we'll get away with it v an Alloa type team but not against hearts at tynecastle.(would have been interesting to see what hearts were made of if we got a 3rd when on top)
    Who gives a ****

There is absolutely no need for that and we are going to start clamping down on this *****

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    There is absolutely no need for that and we are going to start clamping down on this *****

https://youtu.be/_lt4O-EHNnw

I think part of the reason for the back three was the size of Aberdeen and wanting more height in our box. It wasnít pretty but I think we defended our box pretty well despite some good deliveries from Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DON'T BUY/CLICK THE SUN OR DAILY MAIL OR PAY FOR SKY

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Shed View Post
    I think part of the reason for the back three was the size of Aberdeen and wanting more height in our box. It wasn’t pretty but I think we defended our box pretty well despite some good deliveries from Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point Super-Shed they definitely had a height advantage.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post

So you would rather have Dundee chat on a United Aberdeen thread just because you have a thick Dee moderator running the show.

Unbelievable.

You will lose more and more posters.