Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnold ****ing Clark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Arnold ****ing Clark

I've no doubt these *******s will have been put in numerous times over the years but they're going in again.

Bought a Mercedes A Class from them last year. Went all the way up to Elgin for it. Purchased a manufacturers service plan from them which I specifically asked can I use that at the Mercedes branch in Dundee. yes was the answer,no problem, can use it at any branch.

A year passes and car is due it's service this morning. I'm sure we can all guess where this is going. No I'm sorry, we can't service it under the service plan at either Mercedes or BMW branches, has to be another branch.

Fly by night *******s.

Yep, son in law bought a Nissan Qashqai from there 3 months ago, phoned me this morning as he had a puncture, so I go down to Riverside to give him a hand lo and behold there's no spare tyre, no jack, no wheel nut key and no socket for the locking wheel nuts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    Yep, son in law bought a Nissan Qashqai from there 3 months ago, phoned me this morning as he had a puncture, so I go down to Riverside to give him a hand lo and behold there's no spare tyre, no jack, no wheel nut key and no socket for the locking wheel nuts.

What does he think of the Qasqhai?

I had one for about two years and thought it was garbage. Really underpowered, used to struggle going up hills. We had had an X Trail before and that was a braw car, but the Qasqhai was pure ***** imo.
    Over the hills and far away.

He likes it but he's just a daft laddie, canny even change a wheel lol.
    I've only been in it a couple of times but I'm on his insurance, will give it a drive and let you know.

At least I Have the comfort of knowing I traded in just before the first lockdown so my Golf sat there on their forecourt depreciating in value week after week after week until they were finally able to open again

We were stung by Arnold a few years back and unfortunately at the time, we had no choice but to continue using them, the minute we were able to afford a nicer car, they were rubbered.

Bought both the young lads cars from there but no more than that, took a loan rather than give them the money they'd make from finance. They'll go to local garages for servicing, MoT's etc.

In terms of price etc you'll be hard pushed to get a better deal than they offer, but as long as I can afford to, i'll never buy anything from them again.
    Go.......Team Broonsleeves!

TBH I never wanted to buy from them again but they've almost got a captive market in Scotland. Don't get me wrong, the car I bought is cracking, haven't had any problems with it though neither it should as it's only coming up to 2 year old now and I've had a year. Just seems I was fobbed off regarding the service plan being told it would be valid at Arnold's mercedes dealership

Quote Originally Posted by eaststandarab2 View Post
    TBH I never wanted to buy from them again but they've almost got a captive market in Scotland. Don't get me wrong, the car I bought is cracking, haven't had any problems with it though neither it should as it's only coming up to 2 year old now and I've had a year. Just seems I was fobbed off regarding the service plan being told it would be valid at Arnold's mercedes dealership
    Do you have it in writing or can you prove what they told you?

Potentially have a claim for being mis-sold.
    Life shouldn’t feel normal just now. So if your life still feels entirely normal, ask yourself if you are doing the right things, or if instead you might be putting yourself and others at unnecessary risk.

Quote Originally Posted by proud-2-b-an-arab View Post
    Do you have it in writing or can you prove what they told you?

Potentially have a claim for being mis-sold.
    Nah it was just verbal. Didn't have any reason to doubt it. They so service plan and a manufacturer service plan which is what I bought. Unbeknown to me that I know now they also do mercedes service care plan which is what I'd need.to get services at mercedes garage. Same thing with BMW. I'm sure it'll be fine but buy a Merc I'd rather it was serviced by them rather than at a Fiat garage.

Get in touch with Trading Standards to see if you have a case. Never accept what these robbing barstewards tell you until you've proved or disproved their shyte.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام