Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi v St Johnstone LEAGUE CUP FINAL

Default Livi v St Johnstone LEAGUE CUP FINAL

Cup is coming home to Livingston, destiny beckons.

Best of luck to you but saints are kinda flying right now. Cup Finals are unpredictable by their nature though. From experience, we have rarely won a final where we were favourites to do so.

It'll be shyte watching it on TV and even more shyte should you win it.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

Aye there isn't really the same excitement to the build up, not actually going to Hampden, getting your ticket, making arrangements with mates to travel there, even having a few pints through the week beforehand chatting about it in the pub. Best you've got is on a football forum, twitter, FB etc.

Still, we're there and are going for our 2nd League cup trophy, plus a possible European place if we can stay 5th in the league. Maybe even have to get my covid vaccine if they're doing a covid passport for travelling abroad.

When is the final?

It's up on the op. 28th Feb, this Sunday.

I think you are safe for 5th place. 6th will be between St Mirren and St Johnstone. Depending on how the Perth guys get on in the final against you guys then they might kick on and grab 6th place.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

5th place and a cup final isn't a bad showing for any team in the league outside the ugly sisters and perhaps Aberdeen.

I'd like to see Livi win this, just to get it round everyone that bangs on about Martindale, his accent and his past.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    5th place and a cup final isn't a bad showing for any team in the league outside the ugly sisters and perhaps Aberdeen.

I'd like to see Livi win this, just to get it round everyone that bangs on about Martindale, his accent and his past.
    I doubt there isn't a single United fan out there who wouldn't bite your hand off for this every season.

I have a few ex-colleagues who are Saintees. The buggers have become unbearable since they beat us at Parkheid in the Jackie final. I'm rooting for Livie but the Perth mob are showing a bit of form in the run-up to this one.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

Think St Johnstone will win this.

Feeling as confident about it as i did in 2004 final against Hibs, we're winning this.

Would be great seeing Efe scoring his first Livi goal, he's been close a few times, hit the bar in the semi for it to rebound for Robbo to score, wanting to see him backflipping as he celebrates. Pittman would be a decent bet though, always scores in big games for us, play offs against Utd and Partick, Petrofac final against Alloa, can see him scoring on Sunday.