Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackpot or Jack Sh!t - The Jack Ross management thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Almighty View Post
    I donít disagree with any of this Laurence but itís also very plain to see that the Ďsuccession planningí approach can only work if we have a viable conveyor belt of trusted candidates waiting in line. On this occasion we clearly donít.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nail on the head for me - there wasn't an obvious internal replacement, and tf that wasn't Asghar. I also suspect there had been informal discussions ongoing between TA and JR for a time before TC left (I see it was stated elsewhere that the club did get compensation) as there had been a couple of enquiries for TC from down south too.

If your prime target doesn't fit the current model, of course that model has to bend to accommodate. Business models aren't really much use if they don't accommodate or allow reaction to current threats and opportunities. JR has already talked about the importance of the relationship between the manager and DoF, and talks very positively about discussions with TA, so it would appear they are both happy with the current bounds of that relationship. My take is perhaps TA (and by extension the club) has more confidence in that side with Jack Ross's experience than he did with Tam.

Just my thoughts though.

Though I am pretty disappointed Jack Ross only has nearly 300 games under his belt with Alloa, St Mirren, Hibs and Sunderland! Tam Cortez had over 300 at Kelty Hearts FFS! So much for getting a more experienced manager!
    Last edited by HamishHamishGiesA; 23-06-2022 at 10:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Shed View Post
    Donít know if heís mellowing, but I havenít heard any rumours of him threatening folk for a while, so maybeÖ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some shocking over the top abuse being dished out to TA on tek by a well known Southern Arab . Tit.

I don’t disagree with any of this Laurence but it’s also very plain to see that the ‘succession planning’ approach can only work if we have a viable conveyor belt of trusted candidates waiting in line. On this occasion we clearly don’t.
    I'm not really commenting on the whole 'promoting from within' stuff (which the DoF + Head Coach model is not necessarily tied to) or even saying that hiring Ross was 'wrong' mate, more speculating on the nature of discussions between TA and JR, what may have been behind the delay.

Ideal world for Tony - and I could be completely wrong about this - he retains all power and Jack is a 'Head Coach' in name and responsibility.

Courier article suggests that wasn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie26 View Post
    Some shocking over the top abuse being dished out to TA on tek by a well known Southern Arab . Tit.
    Does he come from Burnley by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by HamishHamishGiesA View Post
    Nail on the head for me - there wasn't an obvious internal replacement, and tf that wasn't Asghar. I also suspect there had been informal discussions ongoing between TA and JR for a time before TC left (I see it was stated elsewhere that the club did get compensation) as there had been a couple of enquiries for TC from down south too.

If your prime target doesn't fit the current model, of course that model has to bend to accommodate. Business models aren't really much use if they don't accommodate or allow reaction to current threats and opportunities. JR has already talked about the importance of the relationship between the manager and DoF, and talks very positively about discussions with TA, so it would appear they are both happy with the current bounds of that relationship. My take is perhaps TA (and by extension the club) has more confidence in that side with Jack Ross's experience than he did with Tam.

Just my thoughts though.
    Wasn't there other candidates of the more Experienced nature before TC was appointed though, but the wheels were already in motion to go that route? (that's the impression I got)

I still think it will be interesting to watch the relationship develop over the season and hope the actual football guy gets to do the football stuff.

MM's relationship started to deteriorate with him as the appointment went on, It was viewed by some as him being abrasive towards TA about "The System"
    fast forward to 1 year of a semi successful season from the "System" appointed rookie and we're back to the experienced model?

As mentioned, we have jobs for the boys but not necessarily boys for the jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kdyteejay View Post
    Does he come from Burnley by any chance?
    Keeping it short he checks spelling, Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurence View Post
    I'm not really commenting on the whole 'promoting from within' stuff (which the DoF + Head Coach model is not necessarily tied to) or even saying that hiring Ross was 'wrong' mate, more speculating on the nature of discussions between TA and JR, what may have been behind the delay.

Ideal world for Tony - and I could be completely wrong about this - he retains all power and Jack is a 'Head Coach' in name and responsibility.

Courier article suggests that wasn't going to happen.
    No worries - I did actually get your points and agree with them. My point, possibly not enunciated too well, is that our alleged 'model' is flawed when a manager walks after one season then the likelihood is that succession planning is made much more difficult due to a lack of sufficient time to identify the next person in line.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

Quote Originally Posted by Willie26 View Post
    Keeping it short he checks spelling, Yes.
    BurnleyArab still doing his 'thing' then

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

الشعب يريد إسقاط النظام

No worries - I did actually get your points and agree with them. My point, possibly not enunciated too well, is that our alleged 'model' is flawed when a manager walks after one season then the likelihood is that succession planning is made much more difficult due to a lack of sufficient time to identify the next person in line.
    Ah, gotcha.

Indeed, although flawed model or flawed implementation?

**** knows tbh but if United improve in a more traditional set-up who cares I suppose?