Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: United vs AZ Alkmaar - UEFA Europa Conference League 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg

Quote Originally Posted by Twin L View Post
    Benji was often maligned for the time he took to get the ball up the park, but in fairness to him, very often there was nobody to punt it to. We had naebody left up the park at corners. This all played into the hands of the opposition, giving them plenty of time to re-shape and get organised. Our aversion to the final third was no help either. I think Jack is far better clued up on the necessities than his predecessors?

Birighitti distributes the ball like a bat out of the Wemyss Caves in comparison to Benji's pedestrian like delivery. As stated, not all Benji's fault. You need someone to punt the ball to. Under TC we would never have scored at Tanny against AZ. With RJ we are still in with a shout of pregressing.
    I suppose a bit like we'd never have scored against Celtic and Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Henry's Hair View Post
    I suppose a bit like we'd never have scored against Celtic and Rangers.

Okay, point taken, but you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin L View Post
    Benji was often maligned for the time he took to get the ball up the park, but in fairness to him, very often there was nobody to punt it to. We had naebody left up the park at corners. This all played into the hands of the opposition, giving them plenty of time to re-shape and get organised. Our aversion to the final third was no help either. I think Jack is far better clued up on the necessities than his predecessors?

Birighitti distributes the ball like a bat out of the Wemyss Caves in comparison to Benji's pedestrian like delivery. As stated, not all Benji's fault. You need someone to punt the ball to. Under TC we would never have scored at Tanny against AZ. With RJ we are still in with a shout of pregressing.
    But it wasn’t a punt, it was rolled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigseve View Post
    Just watched the game again (only the 3rd time) and there’s about 16 seconds between Birighitti collecting the ball and Middleton’s shot hitting the net. Incredible and i can’t remember the last time we did something like that.
    And I'd hope we'll see a lot more of that this season too. One of my frustrations with the post-Pep coaches we've employed over the last few years has been their insistence on "playing the ball out from the back" and "passing the ball well" which has all just been theory-led tactics which have resulted in us playing slow football, taking the easy pass to keep possession and not taking risks.

The goal on Thursday was a perfect example of us doing the exact opposite. Quick distribution, a 'risky' pass (in that it required vision, technique and wasn't the simple/obvious option)) and meant we turned defence into attack quickly and didn't look for a laborious build up.

Long passes, quick distribution doesn't mean long punts or hoofball football. Hamish used to long ( and accurately) throw the ball to set Luggy, Milne, Bannon on their way. Schmeichel used to do the same for Man Utd. With Levitt on board, we also have the option of better, quicker passes. McGrath and Middleton will also be important tactically for us - think back to that Tactical Masterclass video link someone added recently from JR on how his St Mirren team beat us, where he talked about the importance of Lewis Morgan's movement between our midfield and defence and the bravery of his midfielders to pass through our midfield to find him.

I'm looking forward to seeing more if this as the season progresses.

"We'd have as well not turned up today, we couldn't win that game no matter how well we played. Absolutely ridiculous decisions. Not even doubts, ridiculous decisions. Disgraceful. Nobody bothers about Dundee United, do they? It's all about Rangers, all about Rangers."

Totally agree - this nonsense of possession is everything and if you have the ball they cant score - only works if you have the quality of player that can move the ball about quick, perfect one touch control and vision, otherwise you never go anywhere.

So when lower down teams, even in England Premier League try and play that way it just doesnt work and you just look defensive and lacking any ambition. Then a player makes a mistake the opposition are on you and you are a goal down.

Been saying that for years

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaied View Post
    Was thinking the same, and cheers.

Leodis, check your email.
    Would it not be easier to just get Leodis, IPTV?

The guy I use includes all the Scottish football channels.

If you have a Firestick, it's just the case of downloading and installing an app, if this is too much Leodis, then he can supply an Android Box, with the IPTV installed for an extra (but inexpensive) charge. Then it's just plug and play.

Think Seve went for the Android Box option, so you can ask for real life feed back from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish the Goalie View Post
    think back to that Tactical Masterclass video link someone added recently from JR on how his St Mirren team beat us
    Does it count as a masterclass if the opposition defence consists of Quinn, Durnan and Murdoch?

Wi Harry Lewis in goals

Christ it was bad

Quote Originally Posted by proud-2-b-an-arab View Post
    Would it not be easier to just get Leodis, IPTV?

The guy I use includes all the Scottish football channels.

If you have a Firestick, it's just the case of downloading and installing an app, if this is too much Leodis, then he can supply an Android Box, with the IPTV installed for an extra (but inexpensive) charge. Then it's just plug and play.

Think Seve went for the Android Box option, so you can ask for real life feed back from him.
    Interested in chat re boxes etc don't know what iptv is but if united don't stream live matches it won't matter what box you have,Genuine question I see todays match is on hesgol can I get in trouble if I watch on my phone?